Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Somebloke Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 am
I've been sharing a laptop with my housemate and had constant problems running the ren. I'm going to buy a new laptop but I don't won't to spend to much cash wondering what people would recommend?
By masada2502 Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:08 pm
Somebloke wrote:I've been sharing a laptop with my housemate and had constant problems running the ren. I'm going to buy a new laptop but I don't won't to spend to much cash wondering what people would recommend?

I would recommend at lease 16 gigs ram i5/i7 intel cpu....500gig/tera byte drive 15/17 inch screen...if u can afford a mac book pro get one .if not ,go with a pc with the specs suggested.
By 83dude Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:10 am
I'd suggest an SSD drive, makes EVERYTHING quicker. ;)

Since I'm using Mac for production I detest PCs, but that's only advisable if you can afford it, also it's a matter of choice.
By Paradox1 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:46 am
Is 16gb too much? I was thinking 8gb ram would be enough.

but then again i guess it depends on how much heavy use your apply
By M.s Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 pm
I've ran it on 4gb of ram for a while with no issues.. But Mac is always best for music production of not I'd get any pc with at least 8gb ram, ssd, with minimum 15 inch screen if not going external.
By Somebloke Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:14 am
im just having trouble after trouble over here. got the new laptop uploaded the discs unlocked all fine then tested just putting some drums on the pads and no noise was coming out the head phone jack so i thought it may be because i hadent done the updates (btw will i have to upload every update or does the latest out run it all?) 1.8.2 started at 809 1.3 update down the list and got to update mpc at the bottom tried to run that and it wouldnt get past quarter of the bar so i shut it down and tried to run it again same thing was happening but now my mpc wont read on its pc program saying mpc will produce silent. can anybody help please?
By helsywarner Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:21 am
Most laptops come with one of three operating systems: Windows, Chrome OS or MacOS (for MacBooks only). Choosing the right one is a personal preference. Go with what you know. If you're used to one OS it'll be easier to continue with a familiar interface than give something new/fresh a chance. But don't let your first OS decide every subsequent OS and computer you buy. Try out as many different operating systems as you can in the store or on friends' computers. See what feels most innate and natural to your way of using a computer. Even within the same operating system, keyboards, track pads, etc., can feel very different under your personal touch. CPU: The "brains" of your computer, the processor has a huge influence on performance, but depending on what you want to do, even the least-expensive model may be good enough. In value-priced laptops, you'll also see Intel's Pentium® and Celeron® processors. These are adequate for basic e-mail, Internet and productivity tasks, but their speed and multitasking capabilities are limited relative to those of the Core family. Mac computers are a fundamentally different experience than Windows computers, so if you’re making the transition it can be easy to get lost. Mac touts a very user-friendly interface, and is a powerful media production operating system. Laptops by their nature are very public devices. Much like watches, purses, sunglasses, or any other accessory, laptops have style. Make sure the laptop you want isn’t one that you would consider ugly, or you might be less likely to use it on the go.
By Schmidi Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:06 pm
Somebloke wrote:Cheers guys... I'm looking at these to right now
Toshiba satellite
Or hp pavilion?

NOOOO! You can do better for the around the same price.

I've found a great source for solid used workhorse laptops, the good old HP Elitebook series from around 2010-2014. These things are tanks that were built with GOOD components inside!

They are pre "ultrabook" era, so you can actually upgrade and fix things inside.
I personally own an 8460P and an 8770W and they have been the most stable and good performing PCs I've used.