Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Italian Beats Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:59 pm
I work in a store that sells producer and DJ equipment. My colleague wanted to order some MPC Rens as we are out of stock and guess what? Akai cannot deliver them anymore. Is this maybe an indication for an upcoming flagship? Anybody had similar experiences?
By Italian Beats Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 pm
Were you so unhappy with the Ren? May I ask what exactly bothered you the most? Did you buy a Touch instead or are you working with an older MPC? Please excuse my curiosity, hope it doesn't bother you... :popcorn:
By Jonespnice1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:28 pm
I have the Touch but I love the Ren too, they are both fun to use.
By konc3pt Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 am
i certainly hope this isn't an indication of no additional OS updates, maybe upgraded controller is in the works, large colored display wouldn't be so bad
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:38 am
kaydigi wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Sweetwater is out of stock, says long delay ahead

All three are still in stock.

Ren isn't

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCRen

Still orderable but not instock

Thanks. I overlooked the details page. So I stand corrected.
Looks like the Ren's days are numbered then. I expected that to happen. But not so soon. I originally thought they might still be available until late 2016. But if retailers are still making good sales on them, it'll definitely be a lot sooner than what I predicted.
By Eyalc Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:54 am
^^ I'm honestly surprised it took this long. This is typical Akai. I actually believe 2.0 will be the final update compatible with the Ren and Studio. After 2.0, only the new Touch interfaces will be supported. Just opinion of course.
By kaydigi Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:57 am
distortedtekno wrote:Thanks. I overlooked the details page. So I stand corrected.
Looks like the Ren's days are numbered then. I expected that to happen. But not so soon. I originally thought they might still be available until late 2016. But if retailers are still making good sales on them, it'll definitely be a lot sooner than what I predicted.

The Element is officially a goner http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCElement.
The wording for the Ren vs The Studio is also curious. Seems that they definitely will get more studios but are offering suggestions for the Ren.
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:12 am
The Element didn't sell so good compared to the Ren and the Studio. So I'm not surprised that it's already a goner. I'm sure Akai is pushing retailers to sell the Ren since they probably produced more of them than the Studio. I'm curious to see which model goes next.

As for the MPC software, I don't really know if they would have it not work with the Ren and the Studio after 2.0. I'm sure those controllers will still work for a while. But will have enhancements geared primarliy for the Touch.
By Chillin Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:35 am
kaydigi wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Thanks. I overlooked the details page. So I stand corrected.

The Element is officially a goner http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCElement.
The wording for the Ren vs The Studio is also curious. Seems that they definitely will get more studios but are offering suggestions for the Ren.

There we go again.
By inflict3 Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:13 pm
lol.. looks like the beat thang lasted longer then the mpc element..hahhahah