MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MickeyMouse Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:56 pm
Milan1 wrote:

CouchMusic wrote:
Hey everyone I am using an mpc renaissance with a brand new iMac. After a few minutes of listening to spotify through the ren, or even when I am producing the audio becomes extremely bit crushed, latent, and echoes. If I restart the mpc the issues goes away for a few, or if I adjust the buffer settings etc this I can often fix the problem for a few as well. I have been using the mpc for about 6 months and the issue has just started. Is this happening to anyone else. I am running OS X el captain. all drivers and software are up to date. this is extremely
disappointing. I am afraid that the noise pollution is damaging my monitors as it just comes out of nowhere. PLEASE HELP!!! AKAI IS NOT RESPONDING! Also when I adjust the main volume i often get a crackling noise from only the right output. checked all cables, monitors etc and it is definitely a problem with the mpc hardware or software
UPDATE: Sometimes the bit crushed noise will happen for about 10 seconds before slowly buffering and righting itself.
COMPUTER SPECS:
3.3 ghz intel core i5
8 g 1600mhz ddr3
osx el captain 10.11.2

same problem here :) but on a pc ..

EXACTLY the same problem. seems like noone can help me. I m desperating. not even akai can help me.

I am having the same problems- cracking, popping audio, that starts after the mpc has been in use for a while. after i restart, the problem is gone for sometime, then it comes back again- it is unrelated to how loaded the project is . I ve tried the ren on many computers and configurations both mac and win, it creates this problem everywhere. i sent it back to the music store for repairing, they sent it back dirty and scratched, said they couldn t replicate the problem and it s probably due to my configurations- of course it s easy for them to say that. i ve seen this problem on akai s forum, conversation closed, no solution given. i m guessing the drivers or the hardware for the sound card is to blame- if i use the element and another soundcard, this problem does not appear, although the software crashes randomly and does not recognise many of my vst s.
By fluxsta Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:27 pm
Thanks for reply, was just having another moment with the Ren. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Just figured the simplest of things, had to update the driver as I'm now running El Capitan..... fixed it
Cheers
By willisill Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:45 pm
Anyone have issues using MPC as a plugin in Logic? I feel like I'm getting even more time sync problems with 1.9.7 (Logic X 10.2.4). Seems to skip a beat fairly often. Always happened to some extent, noticing it more now though.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 am
Crakk Crizzy Beats wrote:I need help. i have a mac book pro with sierra os x on it. i know stuff has been messed up but i can't even get my output in preferences to mpc (i only have option for internal output. wtf i can't hear music from head phone jack. everything updated to aka website

You don't say which MPC you are running, but Sierra is not currently supported on Ren and the older Studio.

http://akaipro.com/kb/article/2161
By kasz1200 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 am
:Sigh: iMac 3.4 GHz intel core i7
32 Gb ram
MPC version 1.9.6 [64-bit]
Renaissance

When I try to export as audio mix down and select (explode tracks) (WAV) (24bit) (44.1) render (master inserts) audio tail 10 seconds,it crashes...Sometimes I get 4 tracks done sometimes more but it will crash every time!!!Also when I try to do each individual track using the "Export Audio" button it randomly crashes 70% of the time!!
Another problem I am having is when loading projects from my Mpc projects folder 9which I have on a external drive it acts strange and takes forever to load flickering the progress box when loading the samples and staying at 0% loading 1 sample at a time flickering in and out for each individual sample which makes it take FOREVER!!Is there something I'm doing wrong???Please help!!I have had my Renn since its release and pre ordered it...Dont remember when this started but its been awhile...This is frustrating I just wanna export my tracks with no delay and load my projects with no delay.....Finally Is there anyway to get my MPC to stop crashing when I have multiple VSTs and programs loaded and double tap stop to stop a sample the cpu spikes and it crashes 905 of the time I mean come on why can't I stop my sample from playing through without me being scared it will CRASH!!That has been happen since a few updates ago...This thing is REALLY UNSTABLE.... :Sigh:
By kasz1200 Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:55 am
kasz1200 wrote::Sigh: iMac 3.4 GHz intel core i7
32 Gb ram
MPC version 1.9.6 [64-bit]
Renaissance

When I try to export as audio mix down and select (explode tracks) (WAV) (24bit) (44.1) render (master inserts) audio tail 10 seconds,it crashes...Sometimes I get 4 tracks done sometimes more but it will crash every time!!!Also when I try to do each individual track using the "Export Audio" button it randomly crashes 70% of the time!!
Another problem I am having is when loading projects from my Mpc projects folder 9which I have on a external drive it acts strange and takes forever to load flickering the progress box when loading the samples and staying at 0% loading 1 sample at a time flickering in and out for each individual sample which makes it take FOREVER!!Is there something I'm doing wrong???Please help!!I have had my Renn since its release and pre ordered it...Dont remember when this started but its been awhile...This is frustrating I just wanna export my tracks with no delay and load my projects with no delay.....Finally Is there anyway to get my MPC to stop crashing when I have multiple VSTs and programs loaded and double tap stop to stop a sample the cpu spikes and it crashes 905 of the time I mean come on why can't I stop my sample from playing through without me being scared it will CRASH!!That has been happen since a few updates ago...This thing is REALLY UNSTABLE.... :Sigh:
By the way if I have the MPC open and running and open from inside the Renn it loads the projects fine...Im not sure why... :?
By 83dude Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Crakk Crizzy Beats wrote:I need help. i have a mac book pro with sierra os x on it. i know stuff has been messed up but i can't even get my output in preferences to mpc (i only have option for internal output. wtf i can't hear music from head phone jack. everything updated to aka website

You don't say which MPC you are running, but Sierra is not currently supported on Ren and the older Studio.

http://akaipro.com/kb/article/2161

My Studio silver works perfectly with MPC Software on Sierra. I can use the Ren as a controller or "MIDI bay" no problem, but the audio interface is defunc.
By Rokgod Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am
mpctouch

mpc software 1.9.6

Sierra OSX 10.12.1
16 gb ram
2.8 ghz intel core i7

late 2011 macbook pro

Finally got the software installed, after being stuck on the "test your display" step in the installer program. Have no clue how it finally worked, I deleted, re downloaded, reinstalled, installed a million times. Now the hardware/mpctouch works, screen is on and displays the mpc software interface. Nothing in the MPC software works from the hardware though, when I press play it acts as if Im pressing play + Record and the metronome starts counting down, and then it just plays back, most functions dont respond to the buttons on the touch. The mpc software is acting so wacky, I have no control over the software, well barely, I could probably mouse it, but the mpctouch is not working properly on 95% of its functions. Please help, been having this problem a few months now, can't even make a beat. Sold the Renaissance, and Im almost fed up with the touch. No way now am I spending any money on any products from Akai from this point on till they get things straight. I really am about to go back to hardware mpcs, and not the mpc X, too many problems coming out MPC Products these days and ummm.... NO SUPPORT.

and btw, I called Akai support or the number from the Akai site and what a surprise, made my iPhone freeze, they even have bugs in their telephone lines. :Sigh: :Sigh: Can someone give me a number where I can talk with Akai technical support, tired of waiting for these guys, I didn't pay all this money for mpc rens and touches to have no support. With the money they charging for these mpcs these days you think they'd have a technical support advisor on deck 24/7 with all the BS.
By chino Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:12 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:It is more stable than previous versions, but it still isn't 'stable'. I use a lot of applications day-in-day-out, be it word processing, web development, audio etc, and none of them ever randomly crash like the MPC does - I really can't remember the last time any other application on my system completely crashed like this.

But for me at least, 1.9.x is certainly less crash prone compared to 1.8.x, so it's an improvement. But this is why I find the idea of Akai bringing in paid upgrades somewhat problematic - IMO the MPC Software is still a fairly 'unstable' application riddled with plenty of outstanding bugs, so I believe Akai have a lot more work to do on it before they get ahead of themselves and introduce a whole bunch of new, more complex features.

^^^ This is what worries me about the new MPC 2.0 software. Akai needs to understand the importance of software stability. Hardware is only as good as the software that is running inside it.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 am
Pad Drag Crash:

Mac OSX 10.11, MPC Software 1.9.6.1

In computer UI:
Create DRUM program and assign some samples
Click and drag a pad up or down (e.g. A4 to A8, or A12 to A4) - doesn't matter which direction or which pads
CRASH

Intermittent issue, cannot reliably recreate but has been doing this to me on and off for the past 3 days. Rebooting system has not fixed it.

Crash report text saved if Akai want to see it.
By Pads Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:20 am
I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Using Windows 10 Home 64 bit. MPC Ren. 1.9.6.

MPC software was functioning as usual - was editing a sample and then software crashes.

Now every time I try opening the software it instantly crashes.. I don't even see the gui.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. But it still crashes every time the software opens.

I'm on a 4k TV so I even tried to minimize the icons to their smallest resolutions and that didn't work.