Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Fanu Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 pm
Am I the only one who does not like it that every time you create (mark) a new slice, it gets centered in chop view? IMHO that slows down my workflow in terms of chopping.
Why? Let's say I'm looking at a drumbreak for a second or two. Yeah, I see I should chop it there, there, and there. I go and add a marker. All of a sudden the view changes. It changes every time I add a marker. Basically, every time I add a slice, I have look at it again from a new perspective / see a new section of it. It's like every time I create a new marker, I gotta adjust my eyesight a little bit.

IMHO the old way of seeing a certain section, adding as many slices as you wish to it, and then scrolling when you feel like it made way more sense and felt more logical. To me, the new way of centering every new slice once you mark them is just a bit of a mindphuck. Maybe it's just me.

I wish we had this in the options at least (center new slice on/off).

Anyone else feel me on this one?