Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bearhead Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:09 am
I'm using an MPC Renaissance, running the latest version of Yosemite on a 2010 13" MBP 4gb / 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Basically, while I'm working on a project, the audio will stop, and I'll get a message in the MPC Software saying that no audio will be processed. Then the program freezes, and the MPC is no longer detected as an audio interface. So naturally, I will turn it off and then back on. But when I do that, it crashes my computer and it force restarts itself.

I have tried reinstalling the driver (uninstalling, then reinstalling, restarting my computer both times). This is making it impossible for me to work on anything. I've been dealing with this for a month or so. Anyone have any ideas?

I think the USB port is acting weird, because it'll go into vegas mode when I turn it on, which doesn't happen all the time. But when it does, I just wiggle the cord a bit and then it will connect. So I have a feeling it's the USB port. If it is, what can I do? I haven't done anything to my MPC since I've owned it other than make songs with it.
By bearhead Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:18 am
But if I unhook the USB cable after it stops registering as an audio interface, it crashes. It works normally when I restart it and I haven't plugged the MPC in.

Btw, it's working right now. It works for a little while, and then does the whole crashing thing.
By joooe Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:20 pm
can you try pluging your USB in a USB 2.0 port (instead of a 3.0). I had loads of problems and by changing it fixed them all. My software freezes sometimes, when loading a new plugin, with the same message but after a 10 seconds it's ok
By bearhead Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 pm
My laptop only has two ports, and it's done it with both. I did reset the MIDI in the "MIDI studio" on my laptop's MIDI & Audio settings, and it worked for like 5 minutes, but then the audio input light on the MPC started flashing like audio was going in it (nothing is plugged into the input). And then it froze up with a message telling me that the audio interface didn't exist and routed to the "Built-in Input".

So then I turn off the MPC, and that's when my computer crashes. :vomit:
By bearhead Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 pm
OSX, latest version of Yosemite (don't like the reviews for El Capitan so I haven't upgraded). And well, it works temporarily if I reset the MIDI on my computer, going into the MIDI studio and deleting the device. But then it freezes up and no audio is processed.
By Laz Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:56 pm
I am wondering if perhaps your usb port on the laptop is damaged and you have a loose connection. With the tolerances being very slight, constant wear and tear from frequent use on a port can affect the dimensions on a soft metal part- the wiggling you describe sounds to me like that might be the cause of your issue.
By bearhead Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 am
Well, the port on the MPC. The connection to my laptop is fine. But I'm hoping that's not the case, because I can still work on projects with it. I just can't use it as an audio interface (which is a HUGE inconvenience).
By MPC Master Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:22 am
Sounds like its failing to enter private mode and wedging the MIDI port. Possibly also failing to reconnect to the Ploytech drivers. The only workaround I know of is to delete the MIDI device from AMS on OS X and power cycle the hardware (do this with the MPC software closed). If that doesn't work, you may have a defective unit.
By Laz Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 pm
bearhead wrote:I have deleted the MIDI device a few times, but I don't know if I've power cycled the hardware or not. What do you mean by that?

shut down and restart- even though a device may be deleted on the hard drive, that does not mean it is not still running in memory, or is actively affecting some soft-switches- power-cycling helps ensure that all the bad data is cleared from your laptop/mpc