Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Dope806 Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:45 pm
Ok so after having Maschine for about a week I still find myself using the Mpc software more than anything. Lol maybe bc I'm an old school Mpc user and it just seams so comfortable to me. I'm still relativity new to Mpc software as well but hands down for me the Mpc software is easier to use and workflow is better... Granted Maschine has crazy amounts of sounds so I just have been using it as a plugin. Seems to work great for me at the moment
By updaters Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:42 pm
mpc ren has more groove timing
and can scene as an programm
maschine import of 70 patterns from imaschine needs a month
mpc ren import of 70 patterns from impc needs a day
maschine have no programm saving of indiviual scenes
maschine soundet more harsch, but has more 3dimension sound
maschine automation is pattern based
mpc ren automation is linear ,but pattern based with saving programms per scene
By RCamizzi Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:25 pm
A year later and I've just made the same move. I have NEVER even though about even standing next to a Maschine. In fact a couple weeks ago when I was in Guitar Center a guy was asking a sales rep about comparing MPC units and Maschine and I laughed when he looked my way. He asked me my opinion and I confidently told him there is nothing like MPC and I'd never even look at that Maschine thing over there. Well after my 5th backorder and "no idea when" notice from Musician's Friend on the MPC Live I preordered months ago, in eating my words. I copped a used Maschine Mikro MK2 the other day and WHOA! This thing and the software is bananas! If I were a newbie, I'd be in love. The problem is I'm a loooong time MPC user and the learning curve is just not something I want to get into at this point especially since I will still be using MPC (I own a Ren and a 2kxl...waiting on Live). I'm making some music with the Maschine for a few days just for the first hand experience. I'll likely part with it and let someone who wants to master it get it. However, if this were coming rereleased in a Hybrid ala MPC Touch turned MPC Live, I would be having a soul searching session right now.
By TheUnfuckwithable Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:05 pm
RCamizzi wrote:Maschine Mikro MK2

To get the full Maschine experience you need at least a regular Maschine IMHO. And if you wanna compare it with a Ren be sure to get a Maschine Studio.

The Mikro is meant as a mobile complement to the big ones...
By greavous420 Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:13 pm
I've had a Maschine Jam and a Mikro mk2 for a few months now.

Originally got the Jam as I can't play keys and needed more range than 16 pads for recording MIDI. Started out fine with both and used the MPC for sample based stuff. Then I got a cheap Mikro and the plan changed. While it's taken me a little while to get my head around the Maschine workflow for editing etc of samples I still prefer the MPC sampling method but overall Maschine has taken over and I'm not looking back.

I would've only stuck around for 2.0 for the audio tracks, nothing else appealed to me really and after waiting a year since last years NAMM I had to give up. NI appear to be working on audio tracks so I will get it eventually and can carry on using the old workaround of just sampling guitar or other instruments to pads and triggering one shots.

I do miss the MPC sampling workflow a little, but everything else is better for me and in time I will get the little bits that puzzle me at the moment as I use it more just like I did with the MPC. Just remember neither is a DAW, they don't have PDC, so you will probably be exporting to a DAW at some point if you want to mix using intensive plugins.
By AnSolas Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 am
One big pro for Maschine at the moment is the Multisample Editor and its browser.
Anyone knows if Akai plan to improve the browser ?
One long list of files is less intuitive
By [email protected] Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm
ive never used the mpc software so i cant speak to that (all i really know about akai is how **** their pitch wheels are), but i recently got a maschine jam, mostly to use as an ableton controller, but it came with the maschine software too, so ive used that some, and as excellent as the jam hardware and integration is (very), to someone coming from ableton, the software is infuriating. even just considering the bits of ableton one might use in making a beat it blows maschine out of the water. for instance ableton makes it extremely easy to compress or expand a sequence to a specific length keeping the notes proportionate to each other, which seems kind of designed specifically designed for programming polyrhythms. maschine claims to be able to do polyrhythms, but they mean polymeters, something that is so taken for granted in a daw its not worth advertising. as an ableton controller though, the jam really is fantasttic the only thing it cant do is note edit, but i believe thats in the proverbial pipeline.
By kaydigi Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:35 am
Kimbo wrote:Maschine 2,7,3 is out and have time stretch to.

I really like to new audio track mode on the Maschine.
So for now i go for the Maschine software and the Mk3

Gate play in audio mode is insane. I just ordered a Maschine MK3 today to replace my MK1.

I use my maschine as a plugin all the time in the MPC software.