Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By T204 Wed May 11, 2016 5:59 pm
Quick rookie question for the heads in here!

Getting to know my new mpc studio and having heaps of fun doing so, but ran in to a possible dilemma..

I have created a basic 2 Bar loop using an "acoustic upright bass" plug-in sound from "The Bank"...on a plug-in track of course..

While I have my loop playing, I would like to switch and experiment through different preset sounds while this "acoustic bass" loop is playing...

naturally, when I change the preset, the sound moves with it. for example, my 2 bar loop of bass will change to a 2 bar loop of talk box guitar, if that is what I choose.

My question is, am I able to move through different presets while my (acoustic bass) loop remains playing?

The same way I am able to overdub all types of different sounds while I have a loop going on a drum track. Essentially right now I want to learn how to do the same with plug in tracks and their different presets.

Hope that makes sense, and a hearty thanks in advance to any knowledge dropped my way.

Look forward to getting to know you guys...

T204