Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Fanu Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:17 am
BULLETHEAD wrote:The new unit as well as 2.0 is being released the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday! I just got the confirmation from multiple GC stores nationwide, (Cali, La, Ga, Al, and NY)
:smoker:

Yeah, so where can we see that?
By wavejockey Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:25 am
BULLETHEAD wrote:The new unit as well as 2.0 is being released the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday! I just got the confirmation from multiple GC stores nationwide, (Cali, La, Ga, Al, and NY)

right on time 4 my birthday (present) - if yo'all would like to donate a contribution....
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:36 am

Your first post on here, right? :Sigh:

Back to topic...

Peeps so thirsty for 2.0 now they take every new GC arrival as a sign of the new flagship controller from Nukai. "OMG, GC is going to offer a new product. That must be da nu MPCEEEEEEE! I am sure of it. TAHT MUZT BE ITTTTTTT!!!!"

(Sorry Fanu, had to bite you...haha)
By BULLETHEAD Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm
Yeap this is my 1st post but I've been following this thread since it started hoping to get some info myself. But what I did is I started calling Guitar Centers in all of the major cities like L.A., Miami, New Orleans, New York, etc..and only 2 guys actually new about it. One of the guys here in Alabama initially told me about it back in July because an Akai rep stopped by the store and showed them a video of the Unit they were working on and at that time they were shooting for a Sept release date. But it didn't happen, (of course),. I've also spoken with a guy that was on the design team and he said one of the problems they were having was with "Time warping/time stretching features'. He claimed that it kept causing major crashes in different DAWs. But anyway, I called a store in Cali and one of GC's Pro Audio Reps literally thought I was tripping but when I called back 2 weeks later he had a whole different attitude towards me because the Akai Rep had stopped by and confirmed it was coming this month. The new unit is called, "MPC ECLIPSE" !!!
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:05 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:Yeap this is my 1st post but I've been following this thread since it started hoping to get some info myself. But what I did is I started calling Guitar Centers in all of the major cities like L.A., Miami, New Orleans, New York, etc..and only 2 guys actually new about it. One of the guys here in Alabama initially told me about it back in July because an Akai rep stopped by the store and showed them a video of the Unit they were working on and at that time they were shooting for a Sept release date. But it didn't happen, (of course),. I've also spoken with a guy that was on the design team and he said one of the problems they were having was with "Time warping/time stretching features'. He claimed that it kept causing major crashes in different DAWs. But anyway, I called a store in Cali and one of GC's Pro Audio Reps literally thought I was tripping but when I called back 2 weeks later he had a whole different attitude towards me because the Akai Rep had stopped by and confirmed it was coming this month. The new unit is called, "MPC ECLIPSE" !!!

If that's the case then Guitar Centre are going to get seriously roasted by Akai for breaking their NDA.
By BULLETHEAD Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 pm
Oh yeah, I'm sure they will! But I don't think most of GC's Employees know that, which would fall back on GC Corporate for not training their Employees properly. I have a guy at Sweetwater that I've dealt with for years and he and I speak about twice a month and even he knows he's not suppose to speak on it prematurely!
By Fanu Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:52 pm
I'll believe it when I see it.
Akai always has big talks.

I have a friend who works at a huge retailer here, and he goes to trade shows etc to keep up.
Last year, before NAMM, he dropped me a message, knowing I'm into MPCs and Akai news, saying "Just had an Akai rep visit us. Some really big talks in the air. He said something huge is coming" and sure enough I got my hopes up. So we got the belt-driven turntable everybody's already forgotten about.
By BULLETHEAD Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:58 pm
Fanu wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

I have a friend who works at a huge retailer here, and he goes to trade shows etc to keep up.
Last year, before NAMM, he dropped me a message, knowing I'm into MPCs and Akai news, saying "Just had an Akai rep visit us. Some really big talks in the air. He said something huge is coming" and sure enough I got my hopes up. So we got the belt-driven turntable everybody's already forgotten about.

I feel Ya Bruh! But at least this time we have a name for the supposedly new unit, lol...
By Fanu Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:18 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:
Fanu wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

I feel Ya Bruh! But at least this time we have a name for the supposedly new unit, lol...

There's peeps so thirsty for it, if it ain't coming out and what you said ain't true, damn, peeps be digging out your IP and home address, and sure enough it'll be a BLACK FRIDAY and TOTAL ECLIPSE for you, my friend :lol:
By BULLETHEAD Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:20 pm
LOL!!! I'm not concerned about that at all... Link up with me on FB or Twitter under bulletheadbeatz and we can go a bit deeper with this convo... :0
By Fanu Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:31 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:LOL!!! I'm not concerned about that at all... Link up with me on FB or Twitter under bulletheadbeatz and we can go a bit deeper with this convo... :0

Was a joke :D
PM on FB sent!
By BULLETHEAD Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:02 am
Fanu wrote:
BULLETHEAD wrote:LOL!!! I'm not concerned about that at all... Link up with me on FB or Twitter under bulletheadbeatz and we can go a bit deeper with this convo... :0

Was a joke :D
PM on FB sent!

I just hit You back on FB