Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Ex:John Doe Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:10 am
The Ren might be more dependent on the update because of the internal soundcard (which doesn't connect in this current state). I am hooked up to a Saffire pro 26, and I experience too many bugs to be able to enjoy the Ren at the moment..
By greavous420 Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:30 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:The Ren might be more dependent on the update because of the internal soundcard (which doesn't connect in this current state). I am hooked up to a Saffire pro 26, and I experience too many bugs to be able to enjoy the Ren at the moment..

Yeah the Ren definitely seems to have issues with using the internal soundcard on the Ren at the very least.

I am also using the 1.9.7.1 update. Hopefully 2.0 will come with general driver updates for those with Rens as I'm looking to get a Ren when some cheap 2nd hands turn up after being replaced by live/X's by other people!
By jaxvisions Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 am
So everyone who bought a Mac in the past 4 months can't use their $1000+ controllers. What a clusterf*ck, AKAI

goes to show you they really must not give two shits if people stay brand loyal. I know for a fact other controllers don't have issues like this.
By Ex:John Doe Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm
You know man the issue is, you put years into getting to know a machine/ (brand), and the thought of having to change a setup/workflow isn't tempting.

Technically speaking I'm probably able to jump from machine to machine, brand to brand, but I'm definitely hesitating. Must say that the thought has hit me as of late though..
By Ex:John Doe Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:24 pm
Natural to believe that they will debunk this update and rather connect us to the 2.0?
By acura Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:33 pm
I wonder, too... Hopefully they need the same driver for the mpc x and live so they can provide an update for 1.9.x.
By monkiusz Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:58 am
Hey I don't want to pay for MPC Software after 5 months of waiting for drivers to just have a working device. That would be my last buy from Akai.
By KazzuaL Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:09 pm
I've been thinking about wiping my MacBook pro and downgrading back to el capitan. Only problem is the only time machine back up I have was done on Sierra. I'm not sure if my mpc renaissance sessions etc. Will work. I don't care about anything else on the laptop. Haven't found anything solid on if the time machine back ups are some what backwards compatible. Or if I can just redownload the programs and drag and drop my files.. Anyone know ???
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:47 pm
KazzuaL wrote:I've been thinking about wiping my MacBook pro and downgrading back to el capitan. Only problem is the only time machine back up I have was done on Sierra. I'm not sure if my mpc renaissance sessions etc. Will work. I don't care about anything else on the laptop. Haven't found anything solid on if the time machine back ups are some what backwards compatible. Or if I can just redownload the programs and drag and drop my files.. Anyone know ???

Your MPC projects created on sierra will work fine in el capitan, they are a standard format, sierra doesn't do anything unique to them.
By FrankWhite4Mayor Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:16 pm
Will this driver update address the inability to use the Ren with newer macs containing USB3 ports? The crackling and distortion is intolerable.
By Ocular Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:45 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:has anyone tested this??

Everyone has already pawned off their Rens.
By FrankWhite4Mayor Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:00 am
Ocular wrote:
DannyBmpc wrote:has anyone tested this??

Everyone has already pawned off their Rens.

I'm looking forward to 2.0 on the Ren and am ok with a paid update. It is disappointing that audio isn't an option when using my new iMac. Akai needs to step up their game and fix this.
By Ocular Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:19 am
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:I'm looking forward to 2.0 on the Ren and am ok with a paid update. It is disappointing that audio isn't an option when using my new iMac. Akai needs to step up their game and fix this.

It is to my understanding that it is a hardware issue with the USB circuit board inside the Ren, the issue being that it is a USB 2.0 board. Supposedly the fix for this would be that the company that made the board (plyotech, plytronics, something like that) would have to update the firmware and that is not happening. Supposedly... if I'm wrong please somebody speak up.

I asked about this awhile back and it opened up a whole can of worms.