Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By monkiusz Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:49 am
Fanu - but you can downgrade both your iOS and OSX systems, do you know that? And it's better to have a support for those devices for something like 5 years than to have an situation like it is on Android devices - some of them have 1 update during whole product life. And they are slow as hell after a year of use, anyway, because Android is such a bs. My reason to switch from iPhone 4s to 6 is mostly battery life.

Updating your system is important due to security reasons, many times. And when I agree - many of "features" are useless for most ppl - some of them are handy. Like handoff or iMessages / calling from OS X.

Still waiting with an update for Akai, anyway...
By Fanu Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:07 pm
monkiusz wrote:Fanu - but you can downgrade both your iOS and OSX systems, do you know that?

Thanks, but I'm not having any issues.
I only would've wanted to say with pre El Capitan OS, but was forced to have it with my iMac, and based on what I've read on forums online, you _can_ install that on a 2016 iMac, but it won't boot with it. So in that way newer machines are made incompatible with OSs that are older than the new machine.
By spockis2bold Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 pm
YOU ARE USING THE MPC RENAISSANCE DO NOT UPGRADE TO SIERRA..Not only does it not work with the MPC Renaissance but my Plugs in are not working (DIMENSION PRO) is not working. I'm going to go back down to a Previous version until they can figure this out.
By Ex:John Doe Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:48 pm
spockis2bold wrote:YOU ARE USING THE MPC RENAISSANCE DO NOT UPGRADE TO SIERRA..Not only does it not work with the MPC Renaissance but my Plugs in are not working (DIMENSION PRO) is not working. I'm going to go back down to a Previous version until they can figure this out.

I updated to Sierra before I got the Ren...Didnt give this a single thought. I was wondering why the MPC software wasn't recognised in my ins/outs, it is clear now...smh

When do you think they will be compatible?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:01 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:
spockis2bold wrote:YOU ARE USING THE MPC RENAISSANCE DO NOT UPGRADE TO SIERRA..Not only does it not work with the MPC Renaissance but my Plugs in are not working (DIMENSION PRO) is not working. I'm going to go back down to a Previous version until they can figure this out.

I updated to Sierra before I got the Ren...Didnt give this a single thought. I was wondering why the MPC software wasn't recognised in my ins/outs, it is clear now...smh

When do you think they will be compatible?

Have you downloaded the 1.9.7.1 update? This is supposed to address sierra problems. However Akai have made no official announcement about this update and it's 'quietly' available only from within your Akai account (where it's even labelled 1.9.6). More here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=181385
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:46 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:Maybe Akai didn't announce it because of the 10.12.1 , your screenshot is 10.12.

'10.12' is usually just a way of referring to Sierra as an OS generation, I doubt they were referring to 10.12.0 specifically.

I don't run Sierra so cannot test it. TBH it would be good to get some clarification from Akai over this one way or the other.
By tonemelle Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:32 pm
Yea..I just recently went back to Yosemite. My AUs would crash my sessions everytime I switched the sample rate. :Sigh:
By Ex:John Doe Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:11 pm
tonemelle wrote:Yea..I just recently went back to Yosemite. My AUs would crash my sessions everytime I switched the sample rate. :Sigh:

So beautiful. I want to go back too fam, but Im afraid of infections
By monkiusz Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:08 pm
Don't remember that wallpaper. Btw - why Yosemite and no El Capitan?
By Ex:John Doe Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:07 am
Don't be afraid to contact Akai, and ask them if they can speed up this process..
By Ex:John Doe Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 pm
Surprised that they haven't released the driver yet. The update for the STUDIO hasn't been uploaded either (strange cause it seems to be a hot product in the shops, and if someone has bought a new Mac (loaded with Sierra?), they can't use their product..)

I switched from the 5000 a couple of months ago, and now Im dealing with many of the same bugs, ridiculous.

Why would they need all this time?
By monkiusz Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm
4 months without an update. That's ridiculuous. Apple will release a new OSX before they will make this firmware update.