Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Ex:John Doe Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am
Samples are still drifting.. When I change a sequence, samples used in the prior sequence gets "dragged" in to the next (and the samples keep playing all the way through). Anyone else who experience this?
By acura Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:57 pm
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:Will this driver update address the inability to use the Ren with newer macs containing USB3 ports? The crackling and distortion is intolerable.

I would like to know this, too, because I plan on buying the 2016 or 2017 Macbook Pro. Currently I am working on my 2007 2,0 GHz Intel Core2Duo iMac :-D and it starts to get pretty slow...

Has anyone tried the MPC Renaissance with the 2016 Macbook Pro?
By greavous420 Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:58 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:Samples are still drifting.. When I change a sequence, samples used in the prior sequence gets "dragged" in to the next (and the samples keep playing all the way through). Anyone else who experience this?

I think I know what you mean.

I'm actually usually looking for that effect from certain samples myself. But to stop it (and there is probably a better way of doing it) I set an empty pad on the same program as a mute pad for the one that overruns the sequence and have a hit on that before the sequence ends(or at the beginning of the next) to stop the drift into the next sequence.

Like I said its a pretty rough way of doing it but it gets the job done and is easier than setting the pad to note on and then having to edit all the other hits of that pad to the right length.
By FrankWhite4Mayor Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 pm
Ocular wrote:
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:I'm looking forward to 2.0 on the Ren and am ok with a paid update. It is disappointing that audio isn't an option when using my new iMac. Akai needs to step up their game and fix this.

It is to my understanding that it is a hardware issue with the USB circuit board inside the Ren, the issue being that it is a USB 2.0 board. Supposedly the fix for this would be that the company that made the board (plyotech, plytronics, something like that) would have to update the firmware and that is not happening. Supposedly... if I'm wrong please somebody speak up.

I asked about this awhile back and it opened up a whole can of worms.

I don't see why Akai wouldn't work with the supplier to resolve this. My guess is there are a number of Ren users who have upgraded to newer laptops/computers and would continue to use their Ren with 2.0. Considering 2.0 is a paid upgrade and works on older hardware they should enable users to use the sound card.. :hmmm:
By Ex:John Doe Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm
greavous420 wrote:I think I know what you mean.

I'm actually usually looking for that effect from certain samples myself. But to stop it (and there is probably a better way of doing it) I set an empty pad on the same program as a mute pad for the one that overruns the sequence and have a hit on that before the sequence ends(or at the beginning of the next) to stop the drift into the next sequence.

Like I said its a pretty rough way of doing it but it gets the job done and is easier than setting the pad to note on and then having to edit all the other hits of that pad to the right length.

Is this simply how the machine works (wouldn't make sense ) or is it a bug? Obviously shortening the sample is another way of dealing with it, but I prefer long, thick and strong samples :lol:
By greavous420 Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:
Is this simply how the machine works (wouldn't make sense ) or is it a bug? Obviously shortening the sample is another way of dealing with it, but I prefer long, thick and strong samples :lol:

I'd say yes. It gives you lots of ways to do things to the samples depending on what you want it to do. It's can't read your mind so it gives you the options.

If it cut off everything on a sequence change there would often be other things that ring out slightly such as cymbals getting cut off as well and reverb trails. That would be more problematic I'd say than having to make one/a few sample/s stop manually.
By DannyBmpc Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm
I ask again has anyone tried the new update and does it work???
By Ocular Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 pm
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:I don't see why Akai wouldn't work with the supplier to resolve this. My guess is there are a number of Ren users who have upgraded to newer laptops/computers and would continue to use their Ren with 2.0. Considering 2.0 is a paid upgrade and works on older hardware they should enable users to use the sound card.. :hmmm:

The answer is, as always, money.
By monkiusz Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 pm
Do anyone here also have problems with time stretching option? It's not working for me anymore. I do everything like in the past - select project tempo, go to sample edit, choose time-stretch function, make changes, tap on "do it" and... nothing changes.
By SILIS101 Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 am
acura wrote:
FrankWhite4Mayor wrote:Will this driver update address the inability to use the Ren with newer macs containing USB3 ports? The crackling and distortion is intolerable.

I would like to know this, too, because I plan on buying the 2016 or 2017 Macbook Pro. Currently I am working on my 2007 2,0 GHz Intel Core2Duo iMac :-D and it starts to get pretty slow...

Has anyone tried the MPC Renaissance with the 2016 Macbook Pro?

Has anyone tried this with the 2015 MacBook Pro?
I'm not so willing at the moment because I'm in the middle of a project.