Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Ocular Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:26 am
There really is no excuse for this. Developers have beta access months in advance to get their stuff squared away for zero day release. :Sigh:
By ADazeInTheLife Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 am
I had emailed support last week and got an answer within 2 days stating they were still working on a fix for this issue and should have a driver 'shortly'.

Seems ridiculous as its been an ongoing issue for a few months now and unfortunately my Mac will not revert back to a previous OS, which has pretty much rendered my Renaissance obsolete! :x
By Mink Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:02 am
What the hell is going on with Akai..... V2.0 taking what seems like forever, and dragging their feet on official macOS Sierra support....

Seems a suicidal approach to software development, BAU support and getting people onboard with your brand.
By Campeon Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:46 am
I can not believe that after all the research that I did before buying my Touch that I missed the fact that I can not even use it with my Mac! I am stuck at the Configure Screen step during the install and I can not get past it.
By bridgefuel2015 Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:45 pm
I ended up treating my Renaissance like a Studio and put an audio interface with cue mix switching in the mix and I've been back in business. I still want this update really bad, though.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:29 pm
Campeon wrote:the research that I did before buying my Touch

Did you watch this vid then?

The sad thing is that mofos will continue to buy the junk that Nukai put out...
By doctrinity Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:05 am
monkiusz wrote:I have tried Sierra when it was in beta and Ren music card wasn't recognized by the system. There was no option to select it in software as an input / output.

There is no new update from Akai yet AFAIK so it's better to wait till then.

THIS.

Im having this same problem man and have not been able to get to the bottom of it. Now I realize it is most likely because I went from el capitan to os sierra. Have you had any luck with this issue??
By monkiusz Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:36 pm
No, because there is STILL no update for Sierra. Only solution is to downgrade to previous system (I was forced to do that). I don't know what they are thinking there in Akai treating their customers like a shit.

http://akaipro.com/kb/article/2161
By greavous420 Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:34 pm
So then. I've been using my macbook pro over the last week more which is on Sierra. Using it with a silver studio with 1.9.7 software and am having no issues so far.
Tbf I never got crashes anyway before but Sierra is fine for me.
By Smakke Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:00 pm
Have been waiting for over a month now. Had "perfectly" working Mountain Lion. Several programs needed new os, but I didn't realize it would take this long to get compatible hardware. Well I can use my Ren as a controller, but that's pretty much it. No soundcard, no sampling, no external modules, nothing. And did I backup. I **** didn't. Tried even go few steps back with El Capitan, but when I try to install it, Sierra says 'it's too old os to install with this system. Now I've read that you can buy older os's from apple store for about 15 dollars, but I believe you cannot install those either on this NEW OS. Just give me my soundcard or else. meh. Stupid me for not backing up.
By monkiusz Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 pm
You cannot downgrade without format. Backup your data on external drive. Format your disk, install previous OS. I did that and it was fast & easy.
By Ex:John Doe Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 am
greavous420 wrote:
I've got a silver studio and whilst not officially supported it works for me with no issues on Sierra. Sorry bro.

What soundcard?