MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:57 pm
DannyBmpc wrote:Im sure they will announce 2.0 a little before namm just so Dan doesn't get his ass beat in the InMusic booth. :lol: :lol: :lol: Folks are pissed.

Man, we'll see whether Dan is going to get roasted or not :popcorn:
For Akai's sake, I'm hoping there won't be any avoiding of stuff or going for any of that "We had a little electrical accident so all we have here is a non-working unit" bullcrappery that they did with Rhythm Wolf.
By Mike Boogie Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 pm
I think I have a prediction....

You girls are going to VERY "something" by the time February rolls around.

The Oracle has spoken!
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:25 pm
Fanu wrote:
DannyBmpc wrote:Im sure they will announce 2.0 a little before namm just so Dan doesn't get his ass beat in the InMusic booth. :lol: :lol: :lol: Folks are pissed.

For Akai's sake, I'm hoping there won't be any avoiding of stuff or going for any of that "We had a little electrical accident so all we have here is a non-working unit" bullcrappery that they did with Rhythm Wolf.

yeah looking back... the rhythm wolf probably worked perfectly... dan probably said "guys come on.. you have to fix this thing... don't send me out there like that... please!" and so they postponed.... but then they figured out that to get the machine to sound better... it would raise the cost of manufacturing.... so they said "too bad... pretend that you love it... "
By Madhornet Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
Fanu wrote:

yeah looking back... the rhythm wolf probably worked perfectly... dan probably said "guys come on.. you have to fix this thing... don't send me out there like that... please!" and so they postponed.... but then they figured out that to get the machine to sound better... it would raise the cost of manufacturing.... so they said "too bad... pretend that you love it... "

Im glad I didnt buy one of those pieces of garbage with horrible sync issues.
By Madhornet Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 pm
yeah looking back... the rhythm wolf probably worked perfectly... dan probably said "guys come on.. you have to fix this thing... don't send me out there like that... please!" and so they postponed.... but then they figured out that to get the machine to sound better... it would raise the cost of manufacturing.... so they said "too bad... pretend that you love it... "[/quote]
Im glad I didnt buy one of those pieces of garbage with horrible sync issues.[/quote]

Anyways hopefully they stop with the cryptic bs, they just now said their announcing something very soon.
By greavous420 Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm
Madhornet wrote:
jpeg wrote:
Madhornet wrote:Now thats literally all the info i have, and as for the eclispse thing that turned out true,as it ended up being mpc live or x.

we knew from last year when thaknock leaked the first info on the touch; that there were two other products; he went on to say that the akai rep actually called it MPC legacy.

we also knew that one of them would be the flagship device; because it was known to most that touch was never intended to be the new flagship.

so the guy in the store who googled and found mpc eclipse is completely clueless and should not be credited with releasing an credible new information surrounding these new products, imo

HaHaHa isnt it ironic how wrong you were, they now are going to release an official statement one day after what I told you guys.

What? Where have you seen this. I guess your mate told you that. The clock is ticking. Let's see what tomorrow brings!
By jpeg Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:38 pm
at this point so close to namm i don care when the announce long as the show the goodz at namm; realistically that x is gonna be limited availability for a long time.

and possibly the same with the live; as far as the ability to go to a store and buy it in the uk

Originally Posted by PurpleChrome @GS
I'm with the Peace... I'm glad ppl are actually talking things out tho, still... ANYWAY, so I JUST got off the phone wit my rep (had to get in on the STOOOPID discounted UAD Octo Satellite) & I asked him bout this fabled MPCX. Said to him, "now I just saved some money so I could theoretically allocate it to something new. When is that MPCX thing coming out?" I quote, "Call me Monday - Let me get off this phone b4 I lose my job!" Not sure what this means exactly except for how I want it to mean it's dropping Monday! Lololol... But who knows...
By Fanu Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
Fanu wrote:

My best guess would be it probably wasn't even ready but they wanted to display it to get the word out.
If it was ready, it's not like they couldnt have arranged another unit.
By zangetsu01 Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 pm
pspsounds wrote:Akai has a new youtube video called A Glimpse into the Future. It's a teaser, not showing any hardware yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLd5wqZ4Lc

Yes i just saw it as i received a push message from twitter and G+. And we all know what they are talking about:

Look at the background:

Doesn't it resemble this:

It's coming soon..!! I can feel it in the FORCE..!! :worthy: