Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Poll: What are you going to do when the new MPC's drop..??

21%
22%
4%
34%
18%
By Fanu Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:27 am
distortedtekno wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I, on the other hand, will turncoat if its everything I needed it to be, but if Roland decides to drop their machine, I will be going for that. :nod:

6 more weeks till NAMM. I'm keeping my eye on Roland again. They're really overdue for a new sampler at this point. :popcorn:

Yeah, the dude that has been foreseeing stuff said Roland should have announced an ACB tech sampler at NAMM 2016. Really hoping to see that at the next show. It was only yesterday that I was feeling how good my TR-8 sounds. Would love to support them and get their sampler if they did it well with all the ACB goodies.
Not really sure at this point if I want to buy anything more from Akai.
By jpeg Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:58 am
peeps say they not sure about akai but when that mpc x and v2.0 drops they will be right back on board.

people are posting out of hurt, but we all want the features that were spoken of a year ago.
By DannyBmpc Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:40 pm
Fanu wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I, on the other hand, will turncoat if its everything I needed it to be, but if Roland decides to drop their machine, I will be going for that. :nod:

6 more weeks till NAMM. I'm keeping my eye on Roland again. They're really overdue for a new sampler at this point. :popcorn:

Yeah, the dude that has been foreseeing stuff said Roland should have announced an ACB tech sampler at NAMM 2016. Really hoping to see that at the next show. It was only yesterday that I was feeling how good my TR-8 sounds. Would love to support them and get their sampler if they did it well with all the ACB goodies.
Not really sure at this point if I want to buy anything more from Akai.

People have been talking about that roland machine forever without any kind of indication of that actually happening. I would much more excited if behringer got in the game which it looks like they are about to. If the deepmind 12 is any indication of what direction that company is moving in then I would be very interested to see what the come with
By jpeg Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:50 pm
Behringer have limited to no experience with samplers, and limited to no experience with software

So I don't think they will be able to jump in da hybrid market and compete.

Also I don't see how them making a hardware synth has any bearing on their likelihood of them making a hardware sampler
By DannyBmpc Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:39 pm
Behringer has tons of experience making music equipment in general and has done an amazing job jumping into the synth market. They are making a drum machine as we speak and they will do the same with the sampler market. If you look at their product page for the deepmind it is under "Keyboards and samplers" so it will happen some time.

https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... 12/p/P0AC5
By markski Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:35 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
Fanu wrote:
pspsounds wrote:MPC Live. But will not purchase if it's half baked with features coming later 'this year'

Honestly, after how Akai handled the 2.0 situation in 2016 after the NAMM announcement, I don't think I'll ever be trusting them anymore in terms of what they're announcing.
I'd advise nobody to hold their breath in terms of how Akai handle putting out new products, customer satisfaction et cetera.
Seems like a promise doesn't mean much to them.

And yeah, technically the year still isn't over and NAMM won't be THAT far from 2016, but still. There's three weeks left of 2016, so maybe we'll soon see Dan in video wearing a Santa Claus suit announcing 2.0 before 2017.

I've always been an Akai fan but I'm not really sure how to feel about them at this point.

Akai has been on my **** list since I started having problems with my MPC1000 in 2005. I started having some faith in them as the Ren and the Studio were out for a while, though I wasn't keen on buying either of them. This whole 2.0 deal isn't much of a surprise with me. I'm looking forward to the MPC Live. But I know better than to buy in until they can prove that it wont be abandoned too quickly like the 5000. I'm staying with my 2000. I'm sure it'll last another 20 years while the MPC Live might not. So if the Live is over $1000, it's gonna take a lot of time and research on my part before I can decide if it's worth it. I have no choice but to be cautious after my experience with Akai.

I like the idea of a hybrid machine that can work with software and standalone, but as a 5000 owner whose been left out in the cold in terms of bug fixes, new features and a reasonable upgrade path (still cant import MPC 5000 Synth Programs into MPC software), I'm going to have to seriously review my next Akai hardware purchase. What concerns me most with Akai is it's the flagship machine owners who get abandoned first, so even if The MPC X/Eclipse has all the features I want, I suspect the MPC Live will get the most support due to it being at a more popular price point.

Bottom line is, I want a FULL and RELIABLE machine to upgrade to so ALL my existing projects can be imported as is, otherwise I might as well move to a competitor like Roland etc.
By pspsounds Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:45 pm
The longer the wait the less bugs? We will see. As far as compatibility that will always be an issue when most software is upgraded. I remember reading about the problems the 5000 had and never considered using it after that. Imagine if JJ had access to update the 5000. Looking forward to what Akai has to say at NAMM about 2.0 and the new units.
By Clutch_The_BeatMaker Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:04 pm
If you can afford to get either one i say still get the MPC Live unless you never plan on using a PC/Mac (which most of us will still use one at some point). The MPC Live is a better choice in my opinion because its size and internal battery. It's completely portable and has all the same features. You can still record audio and mic just use a external mic pre (which i would still do even on the X. i have a 500 rack with neve pres). I know that if i had the MPC X i would still want the Live because the reasons i stated so i am getting the Live.