Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Poll: What are you going to do when the new MPC's drop..??

21%
22%
4%
34%
18%
By zangetsu01 Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Hi MPC Chefs out there. I know it's very early to bring this on since we don't know all the specs of the upcoming MPC's but I'm just curious. (Some of the units are still speculation but let's do this anyway)

It looks like were one month away from the official announcement but I would like to know what version of the MPC's you will rock next year (or should we say later on in 2017 LOL :Sigh: ).

You can choose from the following options:

[*]MPC Live
[*]MPC X (as a stand alone version ala Eclipse/Legacy Style)
[*]MPC X (as a controller ala renaissance style with a big touch screen)
[*]MPC Touch or Renaissance (I will stick to the current devices just bring out 2.0 already)
[*]Legacy MPC's (1000, 2500, 2000xl, etc. All this new stuff I don't need it)
By Ill-Green Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:58 pm
I will be rocking my MV8800 for the majority of 2017. I am tempted to buy an MPCLive but its gotta be up to par with my MV. I'm spoiled by the MV's features and the Ren can't even loop a sample from the pad itself unless its tossed into the sequencer, not to mention audio tracks still missing. If Akai wants to make this a fun DAW and remix machine, then audio tracks is a must.

But yeah, the Live is on my radar.
By richie Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:39 pm
I want clock timing as accurate as the 4000/60/3000 or even a Cirklon before I'd give a sh*t to purchase this joint.
By Fanu Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:14 pm
pspsounds wrote:MPC Live. But will not purchase if it's half baked with features coming later 'this year'

Honestly, after how Akai handled the 2.0 situation in 2016 after the NAMM announcement, I don't think I'll ever be trusting them anymore in terms of what they're announcing.
I'd advise nobody to hold their breath in terms of how Akai handle putting out new products, customer satisfaction et cetera.
Seems like a promise doesn't mean much to them.

And yeah, technically the year still isn't over and NAMM won't be THAT far from 2016, but still. There's three weeks left of 2016, so maybe we'll soon see Dan in video wearing a Santa Claus suit announcing 2.0 before 2017.

I've always been an Akai fan but I'm not really sure how to feel about them at this point.
By distortedtekno Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:23 am
Fanu wrote:
pspsounds wrote:MPC Live. But will not purchase if it's half baked with features coming later 'this year'

Honestly, after how Akai handled the 2.0 situation in 2016 after the NAMM announcement, I don't think I'll ever be trusting them anymore in terms of what they're announcing.
I'd advise nobody to hold their breath in terms of how Akai handle putting out new products, customer satisfaction et cetera.
Seems like a promise doesn't mean much to them.

And yeah, technically the year still isn't over and NAMM won't be THAT far from 2016, but still. There's three weeks left of 2016, so maybe we'll soon see Dan in video wearing a Santa Claus suit announcing 2.0 before 2017.

I've always been an Akai fan but I'm not really sure how to feel about them at this point.

Akai has been on my shit list since I started having problems with my MPC1000 in 2005. I started having some faith in them as the Ren and the Studio were out for a while, though I wasn't keen on buying either of them. This whole 2.0 deal isn't much of a surprise with me. I'm looking forward to the MPC Live. But I know better than to buy in until they can prove that it wont be abandoned too quickly like the 5000. I'm staying with my 2000. I'm sure it'll last another 20 years while the MPC Live might not. So if the Live is over $1000, it's gonna take a lot of time and research on my part before I can decide if it's worth it. I have no choice but to be cautious after my experience with Akai.
By distortedtekno Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:12 am
Ill-Green wrote:I, on the other hand, will turncoat if its everything I needed it to be, but if Roland decides to drop their machine, I will be going for that. :nod:

6 more weeks till NAMM. I'm keeping my eye on Roland again. They're really overdue for a new sampler at this point. :popcorn:
By JAH Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:16 am
Ill-Green wrote:I will be rocking my MV8800 for the majority of 2017. I am tempted to buy an MPCLive but its gotta be up to par with my MV. I'm spoiled by the MV's features and the Ren can't even loop a sample from the pad itself unless its tossed into the sequencer, not to mention audio tracks still missing. If Akai wants to make this a fun DAW and remix machine, then audio tracks is a must.

But yeah, the Live is on my radar.

All current MPC controllers can loop a sample assigned to a Pad. Turn on Pad Looping then choose Forward, Reverse, or Alternating Looping. There is another way..but this way is the easiest IMO.