Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Poll: What are you going to do when the new MPC's drop..??

21%
22%
4%
34%
18%
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:31 pm
Pads wrote:What about the other situation I was talking about though? About buying the software and then long or soon after buying one of the new machines that come with the new software?

This is how I see it unless Akai state something to the contrary:

Your MPC Software license is tied to your hardware unit. If you get rid of the hardware unit, you'll also be getting rid of that particular license, including any additional upgrades you added to it. If you sell your Ren you can include the 2.0 license in the sale, but if the Ren dies, then the license (and upgrade) is no more, it died along with your Ren.

But your example is somewhat obscure - if you do buy the upgrade, the chances are your Ren won't just suddenly die, so you will be able to sell it on Ebay along with it's upgraded 2.0 license, which will probably fetch you at least $50 or more compared to the guys selling a Ren with a 1.x license.

But there is nothing stopping you asking Akai for a deal on the new hardware, perhaps they will work something out on a case-by-case basis.
By pk1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 pm
greavous420 wrote:
Hahaha. My waves plugins do work...... so long as you scan them in 1.6 and then upgrade to the latest version.

That's just reminded me. Haven't heard anything about if that has been fixed yet.

i luckily have never had to do that down grade stuff to get em to work. just a simple rescan of the waveshell and all was good. But I've also been lucky enough to not get "food poisoned from akai" :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

And Tutor you keep saying its 99. i keep hearing its still TBD. lets stop accepting the 99 and start saying its gonna be 49. all this 99 talk has akai green lighted for a 99 dollar release. we should be expecting a 49. :mrgreen:
By RandomBoy Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:59 pm
Hi everyone,
First post here.

It was very interesting reading your opinions about the new and the previous Akai products.

I'm pretty much convinced to pre-order the Mpc Live in my local shop for gig purpose, but I was wondering what are the differences with Mpc 1000. I couldn't find a comparison anywhere. Any help?

Thank you
By MPC-Tutor Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:38 pm
RandomBoy wrote:Hi everyone,
First post here.

It was very interesting reading your opinions about the new and the previous Akai products.

I'm pretty much convinced to pre-order the Mpc Live in my local shop for gig purpose, but I was wondering what are the differences with Mpc 1000. I couldn't find a comparison anywhere. Any help?

The specs for the live are subject to change until it's released, but you can view the specs for both MPCs on the Akaipro.com web site. But it's pretty hard to compare the two in terms of software, lightyears apart in terms of power and features but it remains to be seen which provides the most stable experience.
By Danoc Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:16 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: yep. They will be scrambling to get dough. They won't have the money but will find a way. Like chain smokers they never have money but some how they will get dough for those cigarettes :lol:

Im going for the X as standalone. Don't care about 2.0.

jpeg wrote:people are stubbons but when that mpc x drops all these mofos will turncoat
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:40 pm
I had no idea the founder of Roland, Ikutaro Kakahashi, retired in 2013. He loves samplers and compares life with sampling because we all get our ideas from somewhere, even if its just a fragment we create something new out of it. Anyhow, probably explains why Roland is not into samplers anymore.
By Fanu Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I had no idea the founder of Roland, Ikutaro Kakahashi, retired in 2013. He loves samplers and compares life with sampling because we all get our ideas from somewhere, even if its just a fragment we create something new out of it. Anyhow, probably explains why Roland is not into samplers anymore.

Doesn't mean the whole company is retired.
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:38 pm
Fanu wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I had no idea the founder of Roland, Ikutaro Kakahashi, retired in 2013. He loves samplers and compares life with sampling because we all get our ideas from somewhere, even if its just a fragment we create something new out of it. Anyhow, probably explains why Roland is not into samplers anymore.

Doesn't mean the whole company is retired.

No, but discontinued the MV in 2010 and only making SP404s since then, says a lot.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 pm
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: yep. They will be scrambling to get dough. They won't have the money but will find a way. Like chain smokers they never have money but some how they will get dough for those cigarettes :lol:

Im going for the X as standalone. Don't care about 2.0.

jpeg wrote:people are stubbons but when that mpc x drops all these mofos will turncoat

What does Jahrome have to say about the MPCX?