Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By tL One Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:27 am
Hey guys,

okay, this is more like a "paid workaround" like Sidekick was for Sidechain inside the MPC
but I think this one might even be more useful.

You know that the DDMF Metaplugin includes a little helper plugin called "Send It"?
This is a separate plugin that can be used in any host outside the Metaplugin itself.

What this does is that you can send audio from one "Send It" to another "Send-It"
(Which acts as receiver then). Latency is marginal. Which is excellent in itself.

What you can do with this little thing is pretty nifty:

You can, for example, send audio to a standard program
which in this case operates like an aux-return channel.

This allows for following shenanigans:

- You can have 7 plugins on that channel because "Send It" only takes one slot on the Pad insert
and you still have the program insert slots as well...

- You can save that program as an Aux-return Channelstrip for later use, which allows you to
can create sort of an aux return channel strip library.

But the biggest upside here is:

- You can actually automate all plugins on that return-channel...

(I know that not being able to automate plugins on groups/returns in the MPC
is a big problem for some people, certainly it was for me... So you can even "fake"
subgroup channels and automate the sh** out of the plugs on the strip.
Also you can do a lot more with this thing... If anybody got some other ideas,
I am happy to hear about them)

Maybe this helps some of you as it helped me some time ago when somebody mentioned
the Beatrig Sidekick as Sidechain workaround...

(DDMF Metaplugin is not expensive and I think a very good addition to the kinda limited return abilities on the MPC. You also get a crossover helper plugin as well, which allows you to split into multiple frequency-bands...but this is not so useful outside the Metaplugin or a complete modular host like Radium.)

BTW, disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the company or something... ;)

Best,
tL.
By summer2k Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:31 pm
Let me the first to thank the OP for this post. I just tried Send It with the MPC software and it works perfectly as intended. This is definitely an excellent workaround until Akai adds more submix channels to the software. It's cool how you can also use it on a program channel for "parallel" mixing with some other track(s). I can see myself using this for mixing and mastering all my tracks within MPC 2.0. Can't wait for the "X" to drop. 8) :mrgreen: :P