MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By masada2502 Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:32 am
BTW.You can customize the layout to your liking.so if its too much going on just remove things you don't need.
Last edited by masada2502 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:46 am
kaydigi wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Here's a summary of that article, stripping out all fluff regarding the existing MPC Software features

• Free download for existing owners of the Touch and Studio Black
  • Paid upgrade for owners of the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio Silver (pricing not confirmed)
  • User interface now standardized across computer and standalone environments
  • Audio tracks (128 in computer mode, 8 stereo tracks in standalone mode)
  • Improved time-stretching with the new warping algorithm allows any audio file to adapt to the BPM of your project in real-time (works in audio tracks and in loops assigned to drum or clip programs)
  • Real time pitch shiftingy
  • New ‘CLIP’ programs (similar to clips in Ableton Live) can contain up to 16 loops with maximum length of 8 measures
  • Drag and Drop audio tracks, clips, regions, phrases and MIDI directly into DAWs
  • Plug-in programs will only function when attached to a computer running MPC Software.
  • Existing chopping functionality works with audio tracks (e.g assigning regions of an audio track to individual pads)
  • The Browser now moved to the right of the screen
  • Fully editable and configurable mapping of external instruments to Q Links
  • MPC X displays the parameter name and corresponding values on the OLED screen above the Q-Link dial
  • Improved mixer with better routing & scalable channel strips

Noooooooo, why only 8 tracks in standalone? Will that be 16 mono and 8 stereo? That puts a blow in what I was going to use it for. I was going to sell down some gear (dp24, Push 2 etc....) and use this as a replacement.

For the same exact reason You won't see VST support. They need to keep the standalones a "walled garden" that will be rock solid dependable, performance wise, under the weight of whatever you throw at it. It stands to reason that they can't give you the power of a new high-end PC under the hood.

But IMHO, this is an MPC, not a Tascam, and if you need over 8 stereo tracks, then maybe you're better off with an MPC Touch, or a Push 2. For me? It's all about those pads.
By Laz Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 am
I see 2.0 specs call for W8.1+ 64 environment- is that just for support ? in other words, I'm on W7 64, will I be able to install 2.0 and use 2.0 (albeit with possible issues) or will the installer simply not proceed when it detects my OS version ?
By kaydigi Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:55 am
Icepulse wrote:
kaydigi wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Here's a summary of that article, stripping out all fluff regarding the existing MPC Software features

• Free download for existing owners of the Touch and Studio Black
  • Paid upgrade for owners of the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio Silver (pricing not confirmed)
  • User interface now standardized across computer and standalone environments
  • Audio tracks (128 in computer mode, 8 stereo tracks in standalone mode)
  • Improved time-stretching with the new warping algorithm allows any audio file to adapt to the BPM of your project in real-time (works in audio tracks and in loops assigned to drum or clip programs)
  • Real time pitch shiftingy
  • New ‘CLIP’ programs (similar to clips in Ableton Live) can contain up to 16 loops with maximum length of 8 measures
  • Drag and Drop audio tracks, clips, regions, phrases and MIDI directly into DAWs
  • Plug-in programs will only function when attached to a computer running MPC Software.
  • Existing chopping functionality works with audio tracks (e.g assigning regions of an audio track to individual pads)
  • The Browser now moved to the right of the screen
  • Fully editable and configurable mapping of external instruments to Q Links
  • MPC X displays the parameter name and corresponding values on the OLED screen above the Q-Link dial
  • Improved mixer with better routing & scalable channel strips

Noooooooo, why only 8 tracks in standalone? Will that be 16 mono and 8 stereo? That puts a blow in what I was going to use it for. I was going to sell down some gear (dp24, Push 2 etc....) and use this as a replacement.

For the same exact reason You won't see VST support. They need to keep the standalones a "walled garden" that will be rock solid dependable, performance wise, under the weight of whatever you throw at it. It stands to reason that they can't give you the power of a new high-end PC under the hood.

But IMHO, this is an MPC, not a Tascam, and if you need over 8 stereo tracks, then maybe you're better off with an MPC Touch, or a Push 2. For me? It's all about those pads.

The MPC 1000 is capable of 64 audio tracks via JJOS, you are constrained the by the 128mb RAM of course. I'll have to stick with my current Touch,Maschine, Ableton setup for the time being.

I will put audio track editing through its pacing when 2.0 drops, if it's easy to,split the tracks then my idea may work.
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 pm
kaydigi wrote:The MPC 1000 is capable of 64 audio tracks via JJOS, you are constrained the by the 128mb RAM of course. I'll have to stick with my current Touch,Maschine, Ableton setup for the time being.

I will put audio track editing through its pacing when 2.0 drops, if it's easy to,split the tracks then my idea may work.

Which is an unsupported OS. A jailbroken iPhone can do things that cant be done on an iOS install. But show me a video of an MPC 1000 w/ JJOS running a project w/ 8+ audio tracks and multiple MIDI tracks, efficiently. I don't say it isn't possible. But I'd like to see it.

Would I prefer more audio tracks? Sure. Do I want a Beat Thang scenario, with the official OS crapping out and suffering performance issues?

Personally, w/ 6+ hrs of battery power, and all the media options, plus the delish chopping / slicing AND 8 live audio tracks, w/ those pads... I'm totally sold for $1200.
By Wormhelmet Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Couple things I'm not understanding coming from my MV8800 background:

In my MV, I can load up a drum kit on the pads on a midi track. Also a multisampled piano, or whatever instruments I have on various midi tracks and as long as the sequencer being used is the native MV sequencer, no midi channel actually has to be assigned. It leaves all assigned midi channels available for my hardware gear or routed into my iPad to play an iOS synth synced up to the MV. The Audio tracks are more for linear recording was my impression. I've never used them yet, but would probably put vocals or my guitar on them. They can further be bounced down of course if I'm running tight on linear recording tracks.

Also read some complaints about no included softsynths. The MV has a bunch of multisampled instruments and you can import or make your own as well. Is the Akai software just a big fancy phrase sampler or can it do real multisampled instruments? The tech has been around a really long time and seems kind of missing a big part of what a real sampler does if not able to create multisampled instruments to use on midi tracks. Particularly if they kept audio tracks free for linear recording or even reroute recording of your performance.
By wavejockey Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 pm
pspsounds wrote:So who's getting one? MPC X or MPC Live? I was leaning toward the Live but man that X is insane!

its insane in the brain but if CV/Gate tracks can't be of different length in 1 sequence i'll better opt for the Live plus social entropy ENGINE sequencer

how about wavs/loops/audio tracks switching between projects - this is a no-go in octatrack - is this incorporated in the drag+drop functionality of the new browser?
By vwkountz Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 pm
The 2.0 software looks amazing and I can't wait to download it.

Will the 2.0 software offer the option of the touchscreen look on the computer monitor for Windows owners with touch(bigger knobs, faders and menu options like the MPC Live).

I'm thinking my Ren, a Surface Pro and the 2.0 software I'll have a standalone. :popcorn: :popcorn: :worthy:
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 pm
So 8 stereo audio tracks in standalone - how many people here think this is too limiting and therefore immediately rules out one of these MPCs? I wonder how many electronic musicians would generally need more than 8 separate audio tracks and cannot workaround it via bouncing, or by moving over into controller mode where they'll have 128.
By Coz Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:36 pm
I doubt I'd even use the audio track feature but I'd be pissed if I had to scale back my project sample rate in standalone mode which is what I've read somewhere... :fku:
By Italian Beats Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm
Coz wrote:I doubt I'd even use the audio track feature but I'd be pissed if I had to scale back my project sample rate in standalone mode which is what I've read somewhere... :fku:

I read the same somewhere. Pretty disappointing.

I for one am really looking forward to audio tracks, but scaling back sample rate in stand alone is not ideal, so for audio tracks it means back to controller mode. Which is not a deal breaker, but I still do not get why there has to be this limitation.
By Coz Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:56 pm
Yeah, it could be that. I'll ask in that thread.
By kaydigi Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:So 8 stereo audio tracks in standalone - how many people here think this is too limiting and therefore immediately rules out one of these MPCs? I wonder how many electronic musicians would generally need more than 8 separate audio tracks and cannot workaround it via bouncing, or by moving over into controller mode where they'll have 128.

8 tracks blows big time. They say it's 8 stereo, any chance we can do 16 mono tracks? I was looking in selling down some music equipment and keeping the Live or X as the central hub.

When the 2.0 drops for free for the touch, I will attempt to do my workflow on the pc with 8 audio tracks and see how it fares.