By Fanu Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:42 pm
Akai should be hooking Tutor up with the 2.0 in advance and give him the units for contributing so much TBH.
MPC-Tutor wrote:The MPC Live @ £799 is very tempting, but I must admit after seeing the 'Sound on Sound' MPC X video, that 10" screen looks epic.
MPC-Tutor wrote:Here's a summary of that article, stripping out all fluff regarding the existing MPC Software features
- Free download for existing owners of the Touch and Studio Black
- Paid upgrade for owners of the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio Silver (pricing not confirmed)
- User interface now standardized across computer and standalone environments
- Audio tracks (128 in computer mode, 8 stereo tracks in standalone mode)
- Improved time-stretching with the new warping algorithm allows any audio file to adapt to the BPM of your project in real-time (works in audio tracks and in loops assigned to drum or clip programs)
- Real time pitch shiftingy
- New ‘CLIP’ programs (similar to clips in Ableton Live) can contain up to 16 loops with maximum length of 8 measures
- Drag and Drop audio tracks, clips, regions, phrases and MIDI directly into DAWs
- Plug-in programs will only function when attached to a computer running MPC Software.
- Existing chopping functionality works with audio tracks (e.g assigning regions of an audio track to individual pads)
- The Browser now moved to the right of the screen
- Fully editable and configurable mapping of external instruments to Q Links
- MPC X displays the parameter name and corresponding values on the OLED screen above the Q-Link dial
- Improved mixer with better routing & scalable channel strips
MPD MPK RAY wrote:
Anybody notice no one is talking about the SOFTWARE?Off topic:
Dec 9, 2013 - Logic's Flex Time and Ableton's Warping are conceptually similar, in that they're timestretching based on markers
Imma hold my breath because the touch efx ARE on the MASTER OUTPUT!
but ima need to see that in SONG MODE