kaydigi wrote:MPC-Tutor wrote:Here's a summary of that article, stripping out all fluff regarding the existing MPC Software features
- Free download for existing owners of the Touch and Studio Black
- Paid upgrade for owners of the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio Silver (pricing not confirmed)
- User interface now standardized across computer and standalone environments
- Audio tracks (128 in computer mode, 8 stereo tracks in standalone mode)
- Improved time-stretching with the new warping algorithm allows any audio file to adapt to the BPM of your project in real-time (works in audio tracks and in loops assigned to drum or clip programs)
- Real time pitch shiftingy
- New ‘CLIP’ programs (similar to clips in Ableton Live) can contain up to 16 loops with maximum length of 8 measures
- Drag and Drop audio tracks, clips, regions, phrases and MIDI directly into DAWs
- Plug-in programs will only function when attached to a computer running MPC Software.
- Existing chopping functionality works with audio tracks (e.g assigning regions of an audio track to individual pads)
- The Browser now moved to the right of the screen
- Fully editable and configurable mapping of external instruments to Q Links
- MPC X displays the parameter name and corresponding values on the OLED screen above the Q-Link dial
- Improved mixer with better routing & scalable channel strips
Noooooooo, why only 8 tracks in standalone? Will that be 16 mono and 8 stereo? That puts a blow in what I was going to use it for. I was going to sell down some gear (dp24, Push 2 etc....) and use this as a replacement.
For the same exact reason You won't see VST support. They need to keep the standalones a "walled garden" that will be rock solid dependable, performance wise, under the weight of whatever you throw at it. It stands to reason that they can't give you the power of a new high-end PC under the hood.
But IMHO, this is an MPC, not a Tascam, and if you need over 8 stereo tracks, then maybe you're better off with an MPC Touch, or a Push 2. For me? It's all about those pads.