MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By greavous420 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 pm
jpeg wrote:well well well; next week is march so deliveries should start trickling in; so should be interesting to see see the first real reviews.

:Sigh: Jesus dude. More misguided hope already. Just wait till Akai say it is going to be released on XX/XX/XXXX.

You are not only disappointing yourself but the other people who read your comment and then think this means Akai have commit to a March release date when they haven't. They have barely commit to Q1 as a hard release.

You're not Sean Spicer or a Guitar Centre employee are you?
By chino Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:07 pm
Below is a link to a light weight bag that will also fit a MPC Live. It's a Gator (GK-2110) micro controller bag…

Material: Exterior: 600 denier ballistic nylon
Interior: 20mm foam lining
Type of Closure Large #10 zippers
Exterior Dimensions Not specified by manufacturer
Interior Dimensions 22.5 x 11 x 4.0" (57.15 x 27.94 x 10.16 cm) (LxWxH)
Carrying/Transport Options Shoulder strap
Reinforced handles
Weight 2.5 lb (1.13 kg)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... g_Bag.html
By highrolla Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 pm
I believe it's the same algorithm as found in the new Denon DJ Engine Prime software. And if you've seen the YouTube video on the SC5000 Feature Presentation, it's pretty impressive when pitched +/- 50%.

Check this video @ 5min5sec mark:
[/quote]

thx man,very usefull link..first time to hear it on multitrack material!
thx to all others for sharing your views as well!
By Ill-Green Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm
This from Akai's community, someone asked about the AC adaptor, this what was said:

akaipro.com wrote:Can you give me some information about the MPC Live power supply adaptor? The MPC Live has a "laptop style" power requirement of 19V @ 3.42A. I can't find any official pictures of the power supply (except the FCC leak).

Does the included power supply adaptor:

1) accept 100-240V @50-60Hz power - i.e. "universal"
2) Does the adaptor have a standard IEC connector on one side so owners can easily switch between European and US style plugs?

Thanks!

Brandon Lewis

Corey S, Employee
6565 Posts 449 Reply Likes
Hi again!

Yes, the MPC Live will have an external auto-switching power supply. I don't have a picture of it yet, but that usually means you can switch out the IEC to connect with different plugs.

Might just buy the Live from UK for $934 shipping and vat included :nod:
By Danoc Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Might just buy the Live from UK for $934 shipping and vat included :nod:

Here's my dilemma, with the Live and X!
I am looking at both and I am asking myself do I really need the X or is it Eye Candy for me? Realistically, it would be eye candy for me. For I don't need 8 outs, nor CV/Gate. But I would like the Battery option and that's on the live.
Lights and power goes out and I have lost tracks due to that, some I did over and some I left behind, but why should I go through that again ever? This is the first MPC to be battery operated, and I am now leaning more to the Live.
My initial in getting the new stand alone is
1. Sequencer
2. Exporting of files to the PC so I can drag and drop into my favorite DAW.

Since I am doing mostly drums and percussion and taking from my personal set of sounds one shots and spreading them across the pads and making dope melodies, I can do this on the live. The live has basically the same power as the X it just does't have the 16 Q-Links knobs. Now that's what I would be missing because I could use them to control my Solid State Oxford 4000 in my Eastwest instruments. But I have been using the LPD8 knobs to control it so I will probably keep my LPD8 connected to use because it works with that perfectly.

I want to end the atrocity of midi notes being out of place and fixing them. So do I really NEED the X or just get the Live and be done with it?
So Ill Green if you are getting it for 934 dollars let me know about that please. Are you pre-ordering it?

Who is going through the same thing I am in deciding which one to get?

By chino Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:10 pm

That's a GREAT price!! I wonder if the music retail stores here in the States will match that price? Were you sent an email with an official quote on it?
By Fanu Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm
Danoc wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Might just buy the Live from UK for $934 shipping and vat included :nod:

I am looking at both and I am asking myself do I really need the X or is it Eye Candy for me? Realistically, it would be eye candy for me. For I don't need 8 outs, nor CV/Gate. But I would like the Battery option and that's on the live.
Lights and power goes out and I have lost tracks due to that, some I did over and some I left behind, but why should I go through that again ever? This is the first MPC to be battery operated, and I am now leaning more to the Live.
1. Sequencer

Since I am doing mostly drums and percussion and taking from my personal set of sounds one shots and spreading them across the pads and making dope melodies, I can do this on the live. The live has basically the same power as the X it just does't have the 16 Q-Links knobs. Now that's what I would be missing because I could use them to control my Solid State Oxford 4000 in my Eastwest instruments. But I have been using the LPD8 knobs to control it so I will probably keep my LPD8 connected to use because it works with that perfectly.

I want to end the atrocity of midi notes being out of place and fixing them. So do I really NEED the X or just get the Live and be done with it?
So Ill Green if you are getting it for 934 dollars let me know about that please. Are you pre-ordering it?

I'll probably get Live, too. Was thinking of X first, and sure enough it's nice and big, but I'm not sure I want another huge-ass device in my studio. Besides, the battery and portability of Live are huge selling points for me!
By Danoc Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 am
Hell they have deals on the X gotta have deals in the luve to. But lna look. I still love the X .

chino wrote:

That's a GREAT price!! I wonder if the music retail stores here in the States will match that price? Were you sent an email with an official quote on it?
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 am
chino wrote:

I'm gonna try it indeed. Got the quote from Dawson's. Last I checked, they only ship within the UK but now they ship overseas. Their prices include VAT. If I can get it lower from Sweetwater or B&H photos, I'm gonna be bananalistically happy :-D
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 am
Danoc wrote:

1. Sequencer

Yeah bro, only received a quote from Philip, I haven't accepted his offer...yet. But I may shop around with this quote, if it works, I'll let you know which retailer allowed an overseas quote :nod: