MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Tomorrow I'll let you know, but I did it Eylac style, I locked a preorder. Most likely they will solve the difference with a gift card or store credit. I bought the MV and the P-1 from them so they know my credit good. We'll see. :mrgreen:

NICE... Glad it's working for you.
By zangetsu01 Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Guys im considering getting an audio interface to replace my generic PCIE Creative sound card but I gotta ask, does the MPC X have one integrated? Because if it does then obviously I don't need to buy one.

Yes it does, and Masada said that the soundcard inside X will be better than the Live.
By Danoc Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 pm
I agree. Reason 9 has a dope one and if Props can do it Akai can.

jpeg wrote:yeah it would not hurt them to do a proper parametric eq with graph, you'd think that type of interface is taylor made for touch screen
By starmanwarz Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:Guys im considering getting an audio interface to replace my generic PCIE Creative sound card but I gotta ask, does the MPC X have one integrated? Because if it does then obviously I don't need to buy one.

Yes it does, and Masada said that the soundcard inside X will be better than the Live.

I guess that I'd still need an audio interface since I don't want to have the X on all the time, right?
By callofthevoid Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Eyalc wrote:
jpeg wrote:yeah it would not hurt them to do a proper parametric eq with graph, you'd think that type of interface is taylor made for touch screen

Concur!

Yeah that screen is begging for something like Fabfilter pro-q. Hopefully akai'll step up their game there..
By Danoc Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:03 pm
Do you have a DAW? Because you can export stems from the X to your desk top and drag and drop into your DAW. Eliminating an interface. That's wat lm doing. Im strictly in the box.

starmanwarz wrote:I guess that I'd still need an audio interface since I don't want to have the X on all the time, right?
By starmanwarz Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:10 pm
Danoc wrote:Do you have a DAW? Because you can export stems from the X to your desk top and drag and drop into your DAW. Eliminating an interface. That's wat lm doing. Im strictly in the box.

starmanwarz wrote:I guess that I'd still need an audio interface since I don't want to have the X on all the time, right?

Nope, no DAW. As a matter of fact, I never used my PC to make music, just my 2500. I do plan on changing that, if I do decide to get the X I will be using a DAW/plugins/VST's etc.

Not really feeling the X/Live at the moment, but that may change. Just weighting my options.
By Danoc Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm
Oh ok. Glad I asked, cause if you get a DAW you wouldn't need an interface. I have 2, Studio One 3 and Reason 9. Like Studio One holds my VSTS/i man it's dope as hell! If you're looking into a DAW look at that. Trust me I thought it was a fluke and to me it's better than Protools. It has all the things in it and it has a separate mastering section and it comes with melodyne also pitch correction program. Hell I am about to get the new Fader port 8 for it, which also works Reason 9. I mix all my songs in Reason. but I make my tracks some times in Studio One or Reason. It has a dynamic head room also, I can keep going but you would love it.

So do you plan on selling your 2500 or keeping it if you get the X/Live?
Can you export tracks out of the 2500 into a PC? I had the 2000xl I don't know how that machine operate.
I'm definitely getting the LIve, I need that sequencer of the stand alone MPC back, so I can work faster and properly without dealing with quantizing or latency issues.

Peace

starmanwarz wrote:
Nope, no DAW. As a matter of fact, I never used my PC to make music, just my 2500. I do plan on changing that, if I do decide to get the X I will be using a DAW/plugins/VST's etc.

Not really feeling the X/Live at the moment, but that may change. Just weighting my options.
By starmanwarz Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm
I already sold my 2500 in anticipation of the X. I wasn't really using it anyway, I took a long break from beat making but these new MPC's got me all hyped up to get back at it.

However after NAMM I gotta say that most of the hype is now gone due to various reasons (presentation of the new units, lack of features, lack of info, lack of communication on AKAI's part, overall bad experience with AKAI products, competition) so I am also exploring other options now, mostly looking at the Push 2.

I guess I will have to wait like everyone else for the new MPC's to hit the market and see what's up. If they are not what advertised on day 1 I will not be waiting for them to come up with fixes, I'll just spend my money elsewhere. No point supporting a company who keeps screwing up.