MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jahsoul Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm
Fanu wrote:Don't want to reveal the guy who told that to me just because people might be hitting him up.

If true, that is crazy. Once it reached a certain point of maturity, they should have just made it an open beta.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm
jahsoul wrote:
Fanu wrote:Don't want to reveal the guy who told that to me just because people might be hitting him up.

If true, that is crazy. Once it reached a certain point of maturity, they should have just made it an open beta.

Word open beta and the MPCs released and everyone could've been happy by now, singing praises to Akai and buying 2 of each MPC, but they doing things the Guitar Center way.
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:15 pm
Fanu wrote:
Don't want to reveal the guy who told that to me just because people might be hitting him up.

I understand.. For some reason I'm glad that it leaked. I'm glad about it because of the way Akai was handeling things. They were trying to hold back the software for way too long. If this leak starts to hit torrent sites it's game over. No Ren or Touch user will buy 2.0 but will download it from torrent sites instead *(my opinion).
By chino Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 pm
Fanu wrote:If 2.0 leaks proper and gets all torrented, that will be a total fiasco, yes.
That might mean a little bit of missed revenue for the company…and maybe light a fire under their arse.

^^^ This is Akai's karma. :nod:
By richie Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 pm
Fanu wrote:If 2.0 leaks proper and gets all torrented, that will be a total fiasco, yes.
That might mean a little bit of missed revenue for the company…and maybe light a fire under their arse.

I don't understand how the pirating of software will light a fire under Akai's ass tho? 1.9.6 was fully cracked and no one seemed to notice.
By AkaiProAU Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:09 pm
Eyalc wrote:I'm not shocked actually. Here's the thing... it takes a lot of money, time and resources to position yourself to respond to high demand. The problem goes back to the Numark acquisition. Numark's products, pre-Akai acquisition, were generating moderate to low demand. Hence, the company never had to scale or organize to handle high-demand. Enter the acquisition of arguably the most highly-demanded and highly-anticipated sampler / sequencer of all time. Numark was never positioned to respond to such high product demand like a new MPC generates. I'll bet they were all crapping bricks when the decision was made to release a new standalone. They probably all knew it would generate demand greater than their ability to capitalize on it.

It would probably be better if the Akai brand were sold away from Numark, who isn't, and has never been positioned to respond to high demand products. So for now, we're stuck with this... high demand for a new product, and inadequate resources to capitalize on that high demand.

Sorry, but that is completely untrue and baseless. Numark has been and continues to be a massive seller worldwide. They have SKU's that would easily outsell an MPC SKU 4-5 times over, probably more.

"Demand" isn't preventing the units from being released.
By Chillin Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 pm
Danoc wrote:No you're wrong the first rule in the dojo is
1. Never lend out your MPCx or Live
2. Never underestimate your opponent
3. Never take your eyes off your opponent

LOL HAAAHAAA

:lol:

By Ill-Green Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:22 am
AkaiProAU wrote:"Demand" isn't preventing the units from being released.

What I come to figure, its all management causing the holdup. They're scared and panicing in their shoes, probably can't think straight because of the Elektron Digitakt.
By Danoc Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:28 am
Ahhhh you killer priest me lol

Chillin wrote:
Danoc wrote:No you're wrong the first rule in the dojo is
1. Never lend out your MPCx or Live
2. Never underestimate your opponent
3. Never take your eyes off your opponent

LOL HAAAHAAA

:lol: