MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:25 pm
Living Bate wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:To tell the truth, I have been rapidly losing interest in the MPC standalones. All the hype and then hush and moving dates, videos that don't really emphasize anything new I can't get out of current devices I have or other vendor flagship products has left me a bit unexcited now.

Same here…..when the details of the new units first dropped I was pretty excited by it and had a definite interest. The way things have gone since has left me pretty despondent, to the point I could barely give a fug.

I see no point in discussing pre-orders, release dates or even features, cos its all just a load of bollux really…..

Shocking business acumen from Akai….

u should NOT be shocked by the sloppy handling of this release; I want the product but this delay is a turn off and my enthusiasm has dipped; but Im sure I be interested when this is actually available in stores.
Last edited by jpeg on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kaydigi Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:44 pm
M.s wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:I was wondering how everyone (the early adopters) are preparing for the new units??
I myself as I don't have a MPC at the moment (sold the Touch & 2500) I'm using the software to built drum program kits out of my favorite/most used vsti's so I can use them in standalone once I receive my 'X'.

I got rid of all my MPCs as well, Touch, Ren, and JJOS 1k.. I **** with Live 9.5 and Push 2.. I will tell you and everyone else in this forum, I am a MPC head for real and always will be, but the Live 9.5 software is where Akai is "trying" to go. WorkFlow is crazy smooth especially with automations. I'll get the X, but if it isn't what I hope for I'll put sell it quick. Akai has lost much faith from me, Live 9.5 with Push 2 is **** sick, I highly highly recommend any MPC head to check it out.

I've beeb Running Push 2 with 9.7, it runs pretty well. I do prefer the MPCs BPM detect, it seems spot on 100 percent of the time while a few times ableton will half the bpm.

But simpler with realtime time stretch and Pitch shift is pure crack.
By Eyalc Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm
I'm not shocked actually. Here's the thing... it takes a lot of money, time and resources to position yourself to respond to high demand. The problem goes back to the Numark acquisition. Numark's products, pre-Akai acquisition, were generating moderate to low demand. Hence, the company never had to scale or organize to handle high-demand. Enter the acquisition of arguably the most highly-demanded and highly-anticipated sampler / sequencer of all time. Numark was never positioned to respond to such high product demand like a new MPC generates. I'll bet they were all crapping bricks when the decision was made to release a new standalone. They probably all knew it would generate demand greater than their ability to capitalize on it.

It would probably be better if the Akai brand were sold away from Numark, who isn't, and has never been positioned to respond to high demand products. So for now, we're stuck with this... high demand for a new product, and inadequate resources to capitalize on that high demand.
By Wormhelmet Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 pm
Except this isn't a high demand issue at all. Its a marketing/PR issue.

If they had launched the product and then wait times for 2nd rollouts were the issue, then it would be a high demand problem. This is releasing info too soon, not communicating to customers honestly about product status or communicating at all, and a history of the same type of handling.
By starmanwarz Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:33 pm
M.s wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Live 9.5 with Push 2 is **** sick, I highly highly recommend any MPC head to check it out.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a Push 2 if the X is not good enough.

Been watching too many videos on workflow etc and I'm really impressed. Even Ableton Live is growing on me now that I have a basic understanding of it's layout. Found some cool tutorials too and I've been watching them, I got the basics down.

I'm pretty sure it does many things the X won't be able too, and it has me wondering if waiting for the X is even worth it.

I never thought I'd make the transition to software and controllers but it might be the only viable option at the moment. I'm really fed up with Akai.
By jpeg Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:14 pm
SILIS101 wrote:My hype is over. Akai dry-humped me and I nutted in my underwear.

u mean u dry humped akai and got soiled draws; akai did not give up da pussy cos she a cock tease.

what **** akai is
By Wormhelmet Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:18 pm
I've been thinking that Beatmaker 3 coming out soon might have some competition in software features plus even Beatmaker 2 had such easy midi mapping features (like easy Ableton style mapping) that my centerpiece now being the mv8800 with pad response I already like, could easily be a controller for BM3 and still get to use all the MV's great functions. Even BM2 is multitimbral and pretty fun to setup empty keyboard instruments on seperate midi channels and send out midi to my multitimbral synths like Virus, Blofeld, Polymorph, JV1010.

It has fast load times and sample previews, chop shop, etc. I have an Air 2 128gb that handles the 64 bit stuff great. Has ftp built in to transfer files from your computer or to your computer easy.

My iPad Air 2 is already setup on my desk for module use. A little repositioning for more interactive use along with my mv and now I have 9.7" touchscreen access to 16 pad layout, wave editing, choo shop, sequencing, plus get to use my favorite beast of a sampler along with it and take up no more room. For on the go, I'll hook up my padKontrol 16 pad controller to the iPad.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:With some points I agree and with some points I don't:

Yeah I saw this, mostly talking out his ass and contradicting himself galore.

He says I'm a dinosaur because cats like me prefer standalone but then he goes and says he knows and respect peeps that make killer shit with just the SP404. So how you dissing standalone cats? ? ?
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm
Fanu wrote:So the rumor is 2.0 has now been leaked, someone was already bragging about getting it on FB, and beta program has been shut down.
Got offered a copy of 2.0 but said nah, I'll wait till it's out officially.

Source..?? And why were they shut down..?? is it because the leak came from them..??
By jahsoul Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:With some points I agree and with some points I don't:

Yeah I saw this, mostly talking out his ass and contradicting himself galore.

He says I'm a dinosaur because cats like me prefer standalone but then he goes and says he knows and respect peeps that make killer **** with just the SP404. So how you dissing standalone cats? ? ?

While I didn't agree with what he said regarding the standalones, I agree with everything else. For the first 15 minutes, no lies were told. I've felt that the software was ready but being held back by the hardware but no one really knows the inner workings but it would suck if that was the case people purchased the Touch and Studio Black (people forget that 2.0 was announced with the Black) on the promise of 2.0 and being held up because of later released hardware. Again, who knows what's going on but this has been a crazy cycle for Numark/Akai.
By Fanu Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Fanu wrote:So the rumor is 2.0 has now been leaked, someone was already bragging about getting it on FB, and beta program has been shut down.

Source..?? And why were they shut down..?? is it because the leak came from them..??

Don't want to reveal the guy who told that to me just because people might be hitting him up.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Should've said yes just to see whats the holdup, then report back after you delete it :twisted:

Nah, I'm not in piracy either, but just curious, you know :smoker: