MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm
WTF GOTTT DAMMM LOL WHOOOIAAAA
Lord man you gor some storage lol l got 10TB

richie wrote:1TB won't really do you any good. I have close to 30TB alone of Just VSTi man.
By jpeg Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:11 pm
Fanu wrote:I think it was Danoc (or someone with a similar nickname…ThaKnock or something if it wasnt him) that was foreseeing Roland putting out a ACB sampler around NAMM 15 or so.
Never happened. The rumour appeared strong back then; said it'd have lots of old sampler modelling.
Would've loved that.

yup ive pretty much given up on roland; the aria range from a design standpoint is pretty awful

there have been some mildy interesting things from a tech standpoint but on the whole nothing of interest in their product range
By richie Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:24 pm
Fanu wrote:Whatttt? :lol:

My iMac has around 500 GB SSD, lots of VSTs and samples to last me a lifetime, and I still have around half of it left!

I'm not even sure if a 500GB SSD is enough to install Komplete 10? I know it may sound crazy to you or anyone else reading it but VST and Kontakt instruments get quite huge. For instance, I have 1 piano alone that is 42 gb installed: https://impactsoundworks.com/product/pearl-concert-grand/ it's not a game on these VST streets dogg.
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:28 am
@Mega77 also

Yeah yall l did the same thing a while back. I made folders for snares, kicks hihats cymbal percussion etc abs now its nice and neat.
I will bring those same folders iver to the X.
I think Akai would was thinking for us to have lots of storage. Its a well thought iut plan. No more scsi. I still have a scsi hard drive with stuff on it from my 2000XL. I was looking through my boxes and found the MPC soynd disk. I hope l can use that.

summer2k wrote:I was thinking about getting a 2TB SSD for the X but I may go for a 1TB instead if I can trim down the size of my MPC drum kit programs and multi sampled instruments library.

Over the next few weeks while I wait for the X to get here, I plan on going through my library and purge out redundant samples which sounds similar. Also I will only keep the instruments which I consider to be my favorites and know for sure may get used in my productions.
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:46 am
lol you're so right. Man l have dam near all of Eastwwest vsti and they are so huge it has its separate haed drive. They stream directlt off it. Everything is over 25gigs except for voices of passion. I only do Terabytes inly now. Stuff is way to big. Hell lm abiut to get Elysum Harps thats 40 gig.
My Omnisphere 2 is huge 20 gigs then l shopped and got third party banks which puts it over 50 gigs. Combined with everything ln looking at 10 terabytes.

I have the Yanaha C7 also fron Eastwwest plus the Steinway D, Bosendofer 280 and Bechstein 290 pianos fro EW and they are huge.

richie wrote:
I'm not even sure if a 500GB SSD is enough to install Komplete 10? I know it may sound crazy to you or anyone else reading it but VST and Kontakt instruments get quite huge. For instance, I have 1 piano alone that is 42 gb installed: https://impactsoundworks.com/product/pearl-concert-grand/ it's not a game on these VST streets dogg.
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 am
lol haaahaaa man we just gotta wait.
while you're in controller mode, you can use 96kHz/24 bit. In standalone its 44.1/24 bit. So if you plan in using the software yoy would be good to go.

Coz wrote:If I could work at 96khz in standalone I'd definitely consider a 1TB drive, but it'll take years for me to max out 500GB, especially if I export all my stems to an SD card and keep them off the main drive.

I'm getting impatient now and it's still probably 3 months from release. :evil:
By Coz Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:08 am
jpeg wrote:I assume could a **** less bout ur import requirement

There's a coherent sentence fighting to get out of this jumble of words jpeg, so contain your anger, slow down and make a bit more effort in responding. I used to know a few chavs, so I can generally follow what you're trying to say though. :smoker:
By Coz Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 am
Danoc wrote:while you're in controller mode, you can use 96kHz/24 bit. In standalone its 44.1/24 bit. So if you plan in using the software yoy would be good to go.

I think I'll be bouncing stems straight into Cubase rather than messing around with the MPC software. I'd rather go from standalone to a more feature rich DAW.
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:51 am
Word?
Ok. That's the exact something lm going to do but l will be bouncing stems to Studio One 3 or Reason 9.
I know this if a person doesn't have DAW the MPCX or Live would be perfect. They wouldn't have buy a DAW they could just rockout. Get some vsti and do some damage.
What l initially wasn't expecting was beat detection and time stretch in both standalones. That's hot.

Coz wrote:
I think I'll be bouncing stems straight into Cubase rather than messing around with the MPC software. I'd rather go from standalone to a more feature rich DAW.
By highrolla Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 pm
the most important part for me is how do these pitch/stretch algos sound and not if they are on board or not..just to say we have it means not very much to me.
there are fkn huge differencies in quality..compare pitch n time pro,radius ,waves timeshift or others to each other..there ae not subtle differencies,some sound piss poor on certain materials..
same for the preamps,converters,..if they lackin they are basicly useless..

i really really hope that these new boxes dont wanna dance on all partys at the same time and finally fail to deliver all over the place..quality over quantity
..i really would love to like them new boxes hah
By jpeg Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 pm
highrolla wrote:the most important part for me is how do these pitch/stretch algos sound and not if they are on board or not..just to say we have it means not very much to me.
there are fkn huge differencies in quality..compare pitch n time pro,radius ,waves timeshift or others to each other..there ae not subtle differencies,some sound piss poor on certain materials..
same for the preamps,converters,..if they lackin they are basicly useless..

i really really hope that these new boxes dont wanna dance on all partys at the same time and finally fail to deliver all over the place..quality over quantity
..i really would love to like them new boxes hah

but have we not already heard ad-nausea-um how the stretch algorithms sound with the constant beyonce/rihanna vocals?

they sound fit for purpose imo
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:36 pm
Timestretching and pitching sounds dope from what I heard so far, though I can hear it slightly robotic, its pretty slick and in sync. I like the fact you can timestretch or pitch tune or both :)

Still stalking sellers to find out some info, it seems they all anxious for next week's shipment, whats in the crate? Stay tuned!
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:43 pm
Its like this if the time stretch is terrible l can always use my trusty Reason 9 or Studio One 3 who's time stretch is on the money. So no worries. It mught be a lil werk around but l kinda like werk arounds sone of them have become fun for me :-)
Hell l wasn't even expecting T-Stretch. Its like an added bonus for me.

Now what l do love is the beat detection. Which l couldn't guess in a million years Akai was going to come with.

Ill-Green wrote:Timestretching and pitching sounds dope from what I heard so far, though I can hear it slightly robotic, its pretty slick and in sync. I like the fact you can timestretch or pitch tune or both :)

Still stalking sellers to find out some info, it seems they all anxious for next week's shipment, whats in the crate? Stay tuned!