MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By summer2k Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:38 pm
I was thinking about getting a 2TB SSD for the X but I may go for a 1TB instead if I can trim down the size of my MPC drum kit programs and multi sampled instruments library.

Over the next few weeks while I wait for the X to get here, I plan on going through my library and purge out redundant samples which sounds similar. Also I will only keep the instruments which I consider to be my favorites and know for sure may get used in my productions.
By mega77 Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 pm
summer2k wrote:I was thinking about getting a 2TB SSD for the X but I may go for a 1TB instead if I can trim down the size of my MPC drum kit programs and multi sampled instruments library.

Over the next few weeks while I wait for the X to get here, I plan on going through my library and purge out redundant samples which sounds similar. Also I will only keep the instruments which I consider to be my favorites and know for sure may get used in my productions.

Same here bro. 1TB should last a very long time.
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:33 pm
When it comes to sounds, its never over kill, when it comes to storage its never over kill. If you can get HHD or SSD and you got the dough get it. I got storage up the wazoo, I make a back of the backup of another back up. Your tracks are important. I have lost at least 30 tracks over the period of from 94 to about this time. That's not cool, some I did over and some I said forget it. I just did over a track that my female singer/songwriter just did and it came out dope. So I don't want to go through that again.

Coz wrote:I'll get a 500GB SSD for the X which is still probably overkill.
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm
Man just get the 2TB LOL and be done with it. You never know. I got 2TB for my computer and now it's at 856 GB LOL I was like "Dam I should of gotten 4TB " LOL

summer2k wrote:I was thinking about getting a 2TB SSD for the X but I may go for a 1TB instead if I can trim down the size of my MPC drum kit programs and multi sampled instruments library.

By Fanu Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:39 pm
Danoc wrote:When it comes to sounds, its never over kill

I agree. Can't have too much. The more the better! Ha.

My style of making music has always been sort of mindlessly browsing thru sounds that fit the main idea/sound I've laid down, and that's where having tons of sounds comes in handy.
By Coz Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:00 pm
Danoc wrote:When it comes to sounds, its never over kill, when it comes to storage its never over kill.

If I could work at 96khz in standalone I'd definitely consider a 1TB drive, but it'll take years for me to max out 500GB, especially if I export all my stems to an SD card and keep them off the main drive.

I'm getting impatient now and it's still probably 3 months from release. :evil:
By summer2k Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 pm
richie wrote:1TB won't really do you any good. I have close to 30TB alone of Just VSTi man.

How won't 1TB not do any good? We are talking about internal storage for the X or the Live here. It's not possible to run VSTs in standalone mode. Did I miss something?

Besides that I could care less for VSTi's which is one of the main reasons I'm getting the X. I will of course keep some choice VST effects and instruments to spruce up my tracks here and there when using the X in controller mode with the 2.0 software. But most of the time I will produce my tracks in standalone mode.

In the end I may just get a 2TB SSD if the price is right. Then I should be all set with internal storage.
By jpeg Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:08 pm
Ill-Green wrote:If anybody should be mad it should be me. I waited 8 years for a new MV or SP from Roland and every NAMM, its a gotdam accordion, hows that for circusy. A new accordion every **** year! You know, I'm tired of that ****. Now this is what I am looking for and its coming around the corner. I'm gonna be happy when these drop ;)

Roland is flop; the only good thing or remotely interesting product they have done is boutiques
By jpeg Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:14 pm
Coz wrote:
jpeg wrote:on the contrary the people switching from older legacy units who require file compatibility is irrelevant to me; as I dont have any need for that feature.

everyone will asses 2.0 based upon their own requirements its all relative.

This is MPC Forums not jpeg's blog. People on here couldn't give a single **** about the features you're disinterested in or don't need. Next time you have a brain fart, PM Jah and talk it through with him instead. :wink:

well **** u too; I assume could a **** less bout ur import requirement for older mpc hardware, unless they themselves need that feature.

but this live is very much aimed at new mpc users; u may wanna stick with ur 2xl or whatever u have

far as i know jah is actually beta testing so hence the convo, but dont try and minimize opposing viewpoints, thats weak.
By Fanu Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 pm
I think it was Danoc (or someone with a similar nickname…ThaKnock or something if it wasnt him) that was foreseeing Roland putting out a ACB sampler around NAMM 15 or so.
Never happened. The rumour appeared strong back then; said it'd have lots of old sampler modelling.
Would've loved that.