MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 pm
We're always here to help.

Boosimasjohnson wrote:Thank you so much for all of your insight!
And yes, regarding boutique vs. large scale, I do see the other side of the marketing coin and... suppose I agree.
By Danoc Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:32 pm
@illMind wouldn't it be cool if we could get that Live from anywhere fron 850 to 950 on a price downing? I think people will flood Akai with orders. If people found that out l dont know if Akai could keep up lol
By wavejockey Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 am
Boosimasjohnson wrote:
1. Regarding CV's are these only 1volt per octave output or are they adjustable I ask because I would like to control my Buchla 200 series modular. Also as far as the gate cv outs are they bipolar -5 - +5 or 0 - 10 / user adjustable, can we have a mix of both as I would like to control my moog Gear as well.

Joshua

CV/Gate out's are completely configurable from what i heard (through the grapevine)
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm
Danoc wrote:@illMind wouldn't it be cool if we could get that Live from anywhere fron 850 to 950 on a price downing? I think people will flood Akai with orders. If people found that out l dont know if Akai could keep up lol

You mean me? IllMind posts here too but under a different tag. And no, I'm not IllMind :mrgreen:

So far, still waiting on Sweetwater but everyone else is giving the run-around saying "You might get a deal overseas but we offer unmatchable service and that price will increase after VAT costs bla bla bla..." I said $934 is everything included and even sent the screenshot but nothing yet. Shame I can get this MPC cheaper overseas :lol: 5 years ago, it would've been $934 from USA and $1200 from UK.

EDIT:Sweetwater are suckers, they said they don't price match on preorders. Only for items in stock. So who ever said they got a deal from Sweetwater are liars. I will not try pssl.com, they seem to be the last sellers to get their MPCs and their service is wack. :vomit:
By kaydigi Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:45 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Danoc wrote:@illMind wouldn't it be cool if we could get that Live from anywhere fron 850 to 950 on a price downing? I think people will flood Akai with orders. If people found that out l dont know if Akai could keep up lol

You mean me? IllMind posts here too but under a different tag. And no, I'm not IllMind :mrgreen:

So far, still waiting on Sweetwater but everyone else is giving the run-around saying "You might get a deal overseas but we offer unmatchable service and that price will increase after VAT costs bla bla bla..." I said $934 is everything included and even sent the screenshot but nothing yet. Shame I can get this MPC cheaper overseas :lol: 5 years ago, it would've been $934 from USA and $1200 from UK.

EDIT:Sweetwater are suckers, they said they don't price match on preorders. Only for items in stock. So who ever said they got a deal from Sweetwater are liars. I will not try pssl.com, they seem to be the last sellers to get their MPCs and their service is wack. :vomit:

Crazy because they wouldn't even pricematch stock items for me, so I just bought Push 2 and other items from elsewhere.
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 pm
Right, I remember I tried to get a price match on some monitors from sweetwater and they took 2 weeks to get back to me just to take ONE DOLLAR OFF their asking price. I was like "thanks for your offer but I already ordered from the competition"

Guitar Center only price matches with retailers of the US. Fyi.
By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm
My bad man l ment you. Maybe thats why l said it. lol my fault man.

Oh Sweetwater pulling the flimflam huh? lol
Man Sweetwater did me dirty with their creation station. It was the reason i got a power Mac at that time.
Man their machine broke down me so l sent it to get repaired. It comes back tore up from the floor up! The inside looked the Transformers had a war inside it. lol l was pissed. They set me a new one l sold and got the Piwer Mac. They were the worse back then. Musician's Friend is cool.
AMS IS also.

Ill-Green wrote:You mean me? IllMind posts here too but under a different tag. And no, I'm not IllMind :mrgreen:

By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53 pm
So in other words SW are still fools. lol
:lol:
kaydigi wrote:You mean me? IllMind posts here too but under a different tag. And no, I'm not IllMind :mrgreen:

Crazy because they wouldn't even pricematch stock items for me, so I just bought Push 2 and other items from elsewhere.[/quote]
By Fanu Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:15 pm
starmanwarz wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Crazy because they wouldn't even pricematch stock items for me, so I just bought Push 2 and other items from elsewhere.

Let me know what you think about Push 2, i'm ready to pull the trigger on one..

Dope. Its in-key scale modes opened up the world of melody for me.
Chopping is effortless.
Step-based automation is great.

They're always working on features for it. Even has a 16 levels type mode for velocity.
Way more coming...I'm in the beta team but can't say more.

I can say Ableton are taking the music game very seriously, and I can assure you won't be buying a product whose support will end in two years time.
That's one reason I got certified last year...just love the company...they look waaaay beyond their products with all they offer and do.
By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 pm
Sam Ash will to they will even beat the price. I dealt with them a couple of times

Ill-Green wrote:Right, I remember I tried to get a price match on some monitors from sweetwater and they took 2 weeks to get back to me just to take ONE DOLLAR OFF their asking price. I was like "thanks for your offer but I already ordered from the competition"

Guitar Center only price matches with retailers of the US. Fyi.
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 pm
Danoc wrote:My bad man l ment you. Maybe thats why l said it. lol my fault man.

Man Sweetwater did me dirty with their creation station. It was the reason i got a power Mac at that time.
Man their machine broke down me so l sent it to get repaired. It comes back tore up from the floor up! The inside looked the Transformers had a war inside it. lol l was pissed. They set me a new one l sold and got the Piwer Mac. They were the worse back then. Musician's Friend is cool.
AMS IS also

I don't know how MF is nowadays but I was their customer since 1998 when their catalogs were 5 page pamphets. They were the best until Guitar Center bought them out and they erased my entire account history. Still, I bought an MPC500 from them and the item read "in stock" so I went with 2 day shipping and it turned out it was out of stock, so I had to wait 2 weeks until it finally shipped and still got charged 2 day shipping, top it off I got the MPC loose in the box, no foam or anything, just the 500 thrown in a box twice its size. I asked them if it seemed fair to wait 2 weeks for an item that should've in stock especially with 2day express. They apologized but never reimbursed the differential, so I returned it and never dealt with them again.

I never liked sweetwater anyway. :fku:
By starmanwarz Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:01 pm
Fanu wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:Let me know what you think about Push 2, i'm ready to pull the trigger on one..

Dope. Its in-key scale modes opened up the world of melody for me.
Chopping is effortless.
Step-based automation is great.

They're always working on features for it. Even has a 16 levels type mode for velocity.
Way more coming...I'm in the beta team but can't say more.

I can say Ableton are taking the music game very seriously, and I can assure you won't be buying a product whose support will end in two years time.
That's one reason I got certified last year...just love the company...they look waaaay beyond their products with all they offer and do.

That's great to hear man, thanks for your input!

I only discovered this today and I gotta say I'm in love with it, watched a ton of videos and it looks very impressive. To someone who has never used software to make music, would you say that it might be a bit too hard to get into? Ableton looks really complex, is it possible to only work with Push 2 without interacting too much with the computer?
By Danoc Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:53 am
Im nit messing with SW either. I wouldnt buy a toe nail clipper from'em if they sold them

Ill-Green wrote:
Danoc wrote:My bad man l ment you. Maybe thats why l said it. lol my fault man.

AMS IS also

I don't know how MF is nowadays but I was their customer since 1998 when their catalogs were 5 page pamphets. They were the best until Guitar Center bought them out and they erased my entire account history. Still, I bought an MPC500 from them and the item read "in stock" so I went with 2 day shipping and it turned out it was out of stock, so I had to wait 2 weeks until it finally shipped and still got charged 2 day shipping, top it off I got the MPC loose in the box, no foam or anything, just the 500 thrown in a box twice its size. I asked them if it seemed fair to wait 2 weeks for an item that should've in stock especially with 2day express. They apologized but never reimbursed the differential, so I returned it and never dealt with them again.

I never liked sweetwater anyway. :fku: