MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jose da Silva Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:09 am
New MPC or not...
On this moment i own two MPC Touch and i will not buy a new machine yet.

When the MPC Ren came out, I waited almost a year to buy it. Not only was it cheaper, but more importantly it was almost bugg free. The MPC Touch i did buy immediately. Because it uses the same software as the MPC Ren.

For V2.0 I will wait...
The first month's after release there will be updates after updates. And I will wait till it's more stable.

With the Touch and V2.0 I'm almost @ the same page as the MPC Live in studio mode. I will buy the X next year. If the sound chip is really better than the Touch. I use the Touch soundcart gor mine DAW in and outputs and i hope there will be a MPCX mk2. Because I think the MPC X leggs power in standalone mode. I hope for a strongers cpu and a larger ram. I really don't like the idea of 8 tracks and no VST in standalone mode. The music we produce these days are a lot VST and effects drivin. So no standalone mode for me on this moment.
By Danoc Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:18 pm
Jose da Silva wrote:New MPC or not...
On this moment i own two MPC Touch and i will not buy a new machine yet.

When the MPC Ren came out, I waited almost a year to buy it. Not only was it cheaper, but more importantly it was almost bugg free. The MPC Touch i did buy immediately. Because it uses the same software as the MPC Ren.

For V2.0 I will wait...
The first month's after release there will be updates after updates. And I will wait till it's more stable.

With the Touch and V2.0 I'm almost @ the same page as the MPC Live in studio mode. I will buy the X next year. If the sound chip is really better than the Touch. I use the Touch soundcart gor mine DAW in and outputs and i hope there will be a MPCX mk2. Because I think the MPC X leggs power in standalone mode. I hope for a strongers cpu and a larger ram. I really don't like the idea of 8 tracks and no VST in standalone mode. The music we produce these days are a lot VST and effects drivin. So no standalone mode for me on this moment.

Have to ask. Where did you get the MPCx lags power as a standalone? How are Vsts suppose to work in standalones when we are going to end up dumping our drums back in a DAW anyway?
By zangetsu01 Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:34 pm
People think that a standalone needs to have the same raw horse power as a i7 processor..

Look at all the previous mpc's all of them had their fair share of problems but it wasn't related to power but more to the software and cheap converters.

If you need more than 8 audio tracks in stand alone the Live and the X are not for you..

These standalones are clearly pointed to the people who need to continue their work when their on the road and the old MPC users who've always sworn to stay in stand alone mode.

If you are neither of them there is still an option for you and it's called controller mode. But you can also use the Touch or the Renaissance for that otherwise it will cost ya..
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:21 am
zangetsu01 wrote:People think that a standalone needs to have the same raw horse power as a i7 processor..

If you need more than 8 audio tracks in stand alone the Live and the X are not for you..

These standalones are clearly pointed to the people who need to continue their work when their on the road and the old MPC users who've always sworn to stay in stand alone mode.

If you are neither of them there is still an option for you and it's called controller mode. But you can also use the Touch or the Renaissance for that otherwise it will cost ya..

Profoundly said!
The MPCx is not a computer! It is ran by a computer chip but doesn't mean its a computer. In standalone mode it doesn't work with 3rd party Vsts. Who said it suppose to? Thats what 2.0 software is for which l have no care to use.

I have two DAWs Reason 9 and Studio One 3 so l am good.

Those type of people love to complain about things that are not pertinent Zang.
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 am
starmanwarz wrote:These past few years I stopped making beats but these new MPC's look inspiring and I'm considering getting one to replace my 2500 and make a fresh start.. Question is which would fit me more..

That's wats up! Im making a fresh start from the 2000XL to the MPCx. Got the money and ready to go. Right now l use the lpd8 and it holds me down but l need tbat X in my life.

Will you be traveling a lot? Live wood be best pick. If your stable the the X would be perfect.
By Wormhelmet Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:36 am
There was another poster that was interested and mentioning his studio being entirely hardware. There really is a wide variety of types that are interested in this. We don't all need our vst's and fx. I understand some do and are heavily reliant on them, want to do more than 8 tracks of audio, and quite possibly might run out of tracks on a song even in controller mode with 128 tracks available, but not everyone shares those thoughts or that workflow.

I don't use a pc for anything but a two track mixdown anymore. All hardware or hardware plus iPad synth/sampler/drum machine module.

The standalone appeals greatly to me even with its limitations (which I find reasonable and probably thought out well for the hardware its running on).

I just hope the guys that do want to run 2.0 as main DAW, get what they need from it. I think if you read what is being offered for the standalone and your first thoughts are all negatives about what it doesn't have and how limited you would feel on it, then it might not be for you. In that case, run the ren or touch instead, or run in controller mode as a very expensive controller that has the added bonus of massive i/o and a few tricks it can do without being hooked up to a computer.
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 am
Ill-Green wrote:For some reason, I think there's gonna be an MPC LIVE XL and will fold like a laptop to fit in your back pocket.

lol boyyyyyy you're hot though lol If l know Akai they are in the lab cooking up some more standalones.

1. MPC Live-MKll . lt will be smaller than the Live and cost from $699 - $899.

2. MPCXL . lt will be the size of the 2000XL with a DVI port on the back to connect any size screen. It will have all the bells and whistles the X has but compact.

So let NI try to pull something.
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:16 am
Wormhelmet wrote:There was another poster that was interested and mentioning his studio being entirely hardware. There really is a wide variety of types that are interested in this. We don't all need our vst's and fx. I understand some do and are heavily reliant on them, want to do more than 8 tracks of audio, and quite possibly might run out of tracks on a song even in controller mode with 128 tracks available, but not everyone shares those thoughts or that workflow.

I don't use a pc for anything but a two track mixdown anymore. All hardware or hardware plus iPad synth/sampler/drum machine module.

What mixer console are you running or will run your MPCx through?
By Wormhelmet Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:40 am
Danoc wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:There was another poster that was interested and mentioning his studio being entirely hardware. There really is a wide variety of types that are interested in this. We don't all need our vst's and fx. I understand some do and are heavily reliant on them, want to do more than 8 tracks of audio, and quite possibly might run out of tracks on a song even in controller mode with 128 tracks available, but not everyone shares those thoughts or that workflow.

I just picked up a Behringer X Air xr12 to try out with some gear. Its been great. All channel strips on my iPad. Has a wifi router built in, 4 Midas preamps, two hi Z inputs, 6 regular mono inputs. A single Mono channel strip can be dragged over another to form a stereo pair, 4 multifx units fully configurable built in. Midi in/out, xlr mains out, two aux outs, headphone out, ethernet jack, wifi antenna, can be a wireless access point by itself or tie in wired or wireless to your existing network. Usb two channel out you can plug a flash drive into and record your output straight to wav file. Has worked flawlessly so far.

My main desk has two Behringer xenyx fx 12 channels mixers. One feeding the other as a sub-mixer. Had to get a second as my hardware grew in numbers. I want to replace those two with an X Air 18 or 32. The 18 channel model has 18 audio channels out by usb.

Tired of adjusting mix from under the desk which is where I have room for the mixers. The X Air I can walk around with my iPad and adjust the mix from various room positions. Convenient. I am running over 10 pieces of hardware including my mv8800 as centerpiece.
By Loosecaboose Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:44 am

The standalone appeals greatly to me even with its limitations (which I find reasonable and probably thought out well for the hardware its running on).

I just hope the guys that do want to run 2.0 as main DAW, get what they need from it. I think if you read what is being offered for the standalone and your first thoughts are all negatives about what it doesn't have and how limited you would feel on it, then it might not be for you. In that case, run the ren or touch instead, or run in controller mode as a very expensive controller that has the added bonus of massive i/o and a few tricks it can do without being hooked up to a computer.

This is like me, I'm all hardware these days. I also have an iPad and also use my computer as a mixdown/master. I have the Softube & Kuassa vst for mastering and thats all I really want to use my computer for.

Really looking forward to the MPC Live. It's going to be great to take round to my friends that sing and play instruments to lay down audio tracks at their houses. :smoker: :-D
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 am
Wormhelmet wrote:
Danoc wrote:

I just picked up a Behringer X Air xr12 to try out with some gear. Its been great. All channel strips on my iPad. Has a wifi router built in, 4 Midas preamps, two hi Z inputs, 6 regular mono inputs. A single Mono channel strip can be dragged over another to form a stereo pair, 4 multifx units fully configurable built in. Midi in/out, xlr mains out, two aux outs, headphone out, ethernet jack, wifi antenna, can be a wireless access point by itself or tie in wired or wireless to your existing network. Usb two channel out you can plug a flash drive into and record your output straight to wav file. Has worked flawlessly so far.

My main desk has two Behringer xenyx fx 12 channels mixers. One feeding the other as a sub-mixer. Had to get a second as my hardware grew in numbers. I want to replace those two with an X Air 18 or 32. The 18 channel model has 18 audio channels out by usb.

Tired of adjusting mix from under the desk which is where I have room for the mixers. The X Air I can walk around with my iPad and adjust the mix from various room positions. Convenient. I am running over 10 pieces of hardware including my mv8800 as centerpiece.

Ok cool. I am the direct opposite l am in the box.
Only hardware l have is the Alpha Track fader port, lpd8 and the Yamaha KX midi keyboard. The next only piece of hardware l get will be the MPCx.
By callofthevoid Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:26 am
Anyone know why there's no arrangement view screen on the standalone? Looks like it has it on the computer screen for v2? But no screen to organise a song on a timeline with copying/pasting/moving song parts on tracks etc? Hoping I just missed it. Beatmaker2 on ipad has this and it's kind of fiddly on smaller screens but useable and a big deal ommision on the Akai for some workflows :/