MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.O.BEATS Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:14 pm
masada2502 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

The "in the box" challenge should be to make a FULL song entirely in the box. All he did was program a drum pattern and chopped a sample. Then says he's going to take it to the computer to add to it with VSTs :hmmm:

He should have used the onboard sounds efx etc to complete the track. Just my opinion
By Art James Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:13 pm
dan answered a lot of concerns i had
mainly he said units should be out late February
also units will have wifi and blue tooth capabilities

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IhSmq4WDMU[/youtube]
By zangetsu01 Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 am
We need more videos on the 'X'.. So many videos out right now showing the 'Live' but whats the hold up with the 'X'.
Feels as if the beta testers were only handed out the 'Live'units.
By eclipxe Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:We need more videos on the 'X'.. So many videos out right now showing the 'Live' but whats the hold up with the 'X'.

X not ready. Shipping after the Live. Testers were mainly given the Live.
By Fanu Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm
eclipxe wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:We need more videos on the 'X'.. So many videos out right now showing the 'Live' but whats the hold up with the 'X'.

X not ready.

Who said that?
By back2future Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:05 pm
What I've been told as well on the pre order of the Mpc X. Live out is out in February. The Mpc X is out March/April. That's if everything goes to plan he said.
By Fanu Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:42 pm
back2future wrote:What I've been told as well on the pre order of the Mpc X. Live out is out in February. The Mpc X is out March/April. That's if everything goes to plan he said.

Talked to the local retailer, and he's saying similar things.
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 pm
Not at all feels rushed, its not even out yet, NAMM hasn't revealed anything, we still 3 days away. And when stuff gets announced at NAMM, the stuff usually releases a couple months after anyway. You must be young cats huh?
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:It seems that Akai wanted to get the buzz and drama going before NAMM, even though it's clear that 2.0 isn't actually finished yet. I wonder if there's something coming out from a competitor that's got them spooked.

:-D Good point, because John Wayne couldn't stand the reign of the tec, I don't think Akai can either.