MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Loosecaboose Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 am
every demo being exactly the same every damn time :Sigh:
No hip hop acapella's ? No different clip launch loops..
Even down to mentioning synthlei or whatever it's called every time the qlink / vst is mentioned.

Ah well he's doing a pretty good job of demoing, just would be great if he mixed it up a bit :P
By inflict3 Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:04 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:It seems that Akai wanted to get the buzz and drama going before NAMM, even though it's clear that 2.0 isn't actually finished yet. I wonder if there's something coming out from a competitor that's got them spooked.

I feel the same way.
By cloud777 Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm
inflict3 wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:It seems that Akai wanted to get the buzz and drama going before NAMM, even though it's clear that 2.0 isn't actually finished yet. I wonder if there's something coming out from a competitor that's got them spooked.

I feel the same way.

Me2
By Living Bate Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:17 pm
Its the same zhit though....showing off and hyping something that isn't even finished....

and as it isn't finished, it seems unlikely that it has been fully put through its paces...
By Fanu Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:39 pm
Living Bate wrote:Its the same zhit though....showing off and hyping something that isn't even finished....

Marketing/hype.

It's like, people were cranky before any info was given out because Akai was not giving out any info.
Now that Akai are showing off products and it's not in stores immediately, people get cranky about that, too!

:lol:
By Living Bate Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:43 pm
Fanu wrote:
Living Bate wrote:Its the same zhit though....showing off and hyping something that isn't even finished....

Now that Akai are showing off products and it's not in stores immediately, people get cranky about that, too!

No its because they did the same thing last year......and guess what?.....people are still waiting
By Fanu Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm
Living Bate wrote:
Fanu wrote:

No its because they did the same thing last year......and guess what?.....people are still waiting

Well at least it's looking way better than last year! Way more info, too, Akai talking about release months etc.
By Living Bate Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm
I'd still rather hear "we are just running a few last minute tests", rather than "its not finished, you don't want it yet".....
By zangetsu01 Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:57 pm
rookie wrote:wheres the saint joe q&a video? namm seems a bit weak this year.

Maybe Akai doesn't want to be interviewed but only wants to give presentations.
By Bain Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:16 pm
kaydigi wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:

Maybe Akai doesn't want to be interviewed but only wants to give presentations.

I doesn't even seem that Akai has a desktop version there.

I haven't seen a computer yet.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:27 pm

He's done it, currently editing it, but not all questions asked yet, and Andy couldn't answer all of them, which is what we thought would be the case seeing as he's not a developer.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=181828&p=1713835#p1713835
By vwkountz Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Andy, is great at staying on message when it comes to launching new products. Remember who did all the demos when the Ren (example only) was introduced.

There is something a miss, but when Dan, Pete or the other guy show up the real limitations and missing 2.0 features will come out. The two products are great, but expect some disappointment when the details become clearer.

I'm going to rock the 2.0 first then consider the new hardware.