MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By comtox Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 pm
Hello Joe, Thanks for taking time to read all the users questions.

I'm curious to know :

- Does MPC Soft 2.0 finally support multiple outputs from VSTi like say Kontakt, sampletank etc...
- Can It send midi from a track to a VST Effect like Dblue Glitch or Izotope Stutter Edit i.e.
- Will it finally have a real Daw mixer, with flexible routing with virtually infinite soundpath, like i.e. Cubase, Ableton Live , Logic Audio (side-chain, group tracks, busses, sends, etc...).

- Finally, regarding all the fuss and hassle at the launch off the Ren/Studio, why some Ren/Studio need to pay for this update and not others ? (I'm a first month owner then idgf) Users don't want to pay for It, it was sold as a DAW but it isn't really one without a proper Daw Mixer, Audiotracks etc..

Thank you :) ++
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:23 pm
Saint Joe, thanks for asking for us!

Is the on screen customizable to changing color, texts, fonts, and importing a photo. Example, I power up and screen says "Good morning ILL GREEN, time to make the donuts" and there's a brief picture of my dog or what not.
By tonmeister Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm
I would like to know how good the new timestretch algorithm is. ProTools elastic audio, Ableton Warping, and Logic Flextime etc. all have different modes depending on the type of material you are stretching. Are there nasty artifacts when doing quite a big stretch? ProTools Xform (derived from IzotopeRX) is my favourite.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:51 pm
comtox wrote:- Finally, regarding all the fuss and hassle at the launch off the Ren/Studio, why some Ren/Studio need to pay for this update and not others ? (I'm a first month owner then idgf) Users don't want to pay for It, it was sold as a DAW but it isn't really one without a proper Daw Mixer, Audiotracks etc..

They never claimed it had audio tracks when it was released, and never claimed they were coming until last year, and they said then that it would be a paid update, so trying to claim a free update due to mis-selling isn't a particularly powerful argument IMO.

It has always come with a free trial for you to test out the software, so as far as 'features included' are concerned, buyer beware.

As for new owners getting the update free, yeah that sucks for the early adopters, but that's life. If you buy Ableton 9 today you'll have to pay an upgrade fee for Ableton 10 next year. That's the business model for all companies, they can't just give you stuff for free forever just because you bought something from them once. A line has to be drawn as to what qualifies as a 'recent' hardware purchase.

The people getting 2.0 free will have to pay for 3.0, and they'll all be whining as well no doubt. :lol:
By Dom Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 am
What native audio formats can be sampled/chopped?
Will it be able to dither/downsample audio files (48khz to 44.1khz to 16khz)
Is there a time limit for loading audio files? (I have lots of 2hr+ MP3 files)
What part (if any) has Retronyms played in the production of the new MPC software/hardware?
Can audio be sent/received thru USB?
Can you chop files like the Microsampler:

"Key Gate is like a manual version of Auto Next, designed to let you control the lengths of individual samples according to how long you hold each key. It offers the neatest way to sample scales such as 'do‑re‑mi‑fa‑so‑la‑ti‑do' that I've yet encountered, automatically assigning each note and length as you execute your finest Julie Andrews impression."

I'd love the ability to use a large MIDI-keyboard in conjunction with the MPC X and/or use the pads on the MPC in a similar fashion. The Microsampler only has 37-keys; it's still my favorite.
By bobbybland Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 am
Unlike these previous questions, mine are mainly for DAW + MPC !! Please Joe ask these questions at NAMM for the real MPC users who work in daws and are about getting projects done and completed!

1. MIX Templates - Can we now finally setup MIX templates where we can freely exchange different programs to different Mixer settings and swap programs without changing mixer settings as we wish?

2. Does this MPC Software 2.0 Browser allow users to TAG and SEARCH by TAGS?

3. What changes are made for DAW + MPC software? Eg: Qwerty Keyboard in daw not being able to control mpc software browser currently . Not all daws allow for drag n drop from Mpc pads or from their browsers.. Has this been changed YET???

4. Can the Mpc 2.0 software now send midi out from pads to daws without having to be in the midi mode?

5. What changes have they made for drag n drop audio in daws?
By saintjoe Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:11 pm
I had a meeting with Andy yesterday, they are doing it totally private/invite only this year. I spent quite a bit of time and still didn't get to everything. I'm also trying to work out a follow up to get more answers for everyone. The interview was close to 50 minutes so it will take me some time to get it edited while I'm out here but trying to work as fast as I can with my laptop and mobile internet lol.

There were some questions better left for Dan, who isn't here, and I'm hoping to get some time with him one on one as well in the near future.

Thanks for all the questions and if I forgot some my bad, but keep posting because I am trying to keep the dialog open going forward as they seemed open to the idea.

Stay tuned guys and thanks as always for your support!
By saintjoe Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:16 am
LOL from what I hear it will be open to everyone on Sunday, they wanted a better way to present to their buyers I guess. It's weird though, the people getting turned away was great.
By daftmunk Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:31 pm
A bit late I'm afraid but here is a technical one: I'd like to know if the external midi side of things has been improved on 2.0 / Live / MPCX. it's my understanding that current MPC software was ported from MPC5000, carrying along it's poor midi clock jitter performance to midi outs. Does 2.0 and new standalone specs mean we might get tighter midi clock / lower jitter performance with external hardware via midi outs?