MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LabDog Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 am
I think we also need to know if the 2.0 software better handles this situation (for those of us not planning to go the Standalone route) http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... t-into-mpc ? This issue revolves around with the current app not properly handling scaling which is now very commonly used in Windows 10 laptops and tablets such as the Surface Pro and Surface Book. Will this now be dealt with properly with 2.0?

Windows display scaling is still an issue with 1.9.6.1 in Windows 10. My Surface Pro 3 (as many other Windows tablets do) defaults to a 150% scaling so items don't appear too small to discern on its 12 inch Display.

The MPC version 1.6 handled this without issue, but it seems each following iteration (even up to 1.9.6.1) has ignored and broken this support. Leaving us to contend with such things as this... Image
Last edited by LabDog on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Auraaudio Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 am
Thanks for your efforts!

Question: what soundmodules/synths will be able to work with while in standalone mode?

I hope they got something, because even if im doing sample based productions i always need pianos, synths etc. Its necessary to me.

Peace
By Horseclick Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am
what sort of apps or fx do they have for the cv outs?

lfo 1/2/3/4?
env to cv?
env 2 to cv out?

and where can you place these apps ie for example

i have a sample based programme going out output 6 say feed into a modular filter then backinto a input to be resampled.

can i use this programe with a external filter with say lfo's env's etc

need to know the exact hierarchy of a programme and where the cv control fits in
By Fanu Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am
Zplane ROC wrote:-Warp Markers movable?

For standalone, this is a must.
When working with software, sure enough you can quickly go and edit a sample and warp it with some other software and then bounce it out if need be (I often use Live for correcting timing of a sample and bounce it out) and then use it in other DAWs or samplers, but if you want true standalone operation, you really don't want to rely on computer when it comes to warping.
So let's hope warp markers can be moved freely (as opposed to MPC just setting the regions and that's it).
By Horseclick Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 am
also

can you hook up a usb audio interface to expand the outputs on the x and if that usb interface has digital outs can you utilize those also?
if not are there any planned exapnsions to the x? more audio outputs digital outs etc
By markski Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:04 pm
Icepulse wrote:
eclipxe wrote:Call me Dan:

4. I'm guessing here, but based on what I've seen - there is no onboard soft synth. Only samples.

That hurts. A lot.

I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.
By markski Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:05 pm
Auraaudio wrote:Thanks for your efforts!

Question: what soundmodules/synths will be able to work with while in standalone mode?

I hope they got something, because even if im doing sample based productions i always need pianos, synths etc. Its necessary to me.

Peace

+1
By kaydigi Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 pm
Fanu wrote:

When working with software, sure enough you can quickly go and edit a sample and warp it with some other software and then bounce it out if need be (I often use Live for correcting timing of a sample and bounce it out) and then use it in other DAWs or samplers, but if you want true standalone operation, you really don't want to rely on computer when it comes to warping.
So let's hope warp markers can be moved freely (as opposed to MPC just setting the regions and that's it).

No warp markers in 2.0, Pete said it's on the roadmap though.
By Living Bate Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Fanu wrote:

No warp markers in 2.0, Pete said it's on the roadmap though.

Looking forward to Winter NAMM 2019!........
By fluxsta Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:59 pm
All valid questions. One I haven't seen asked yet:
"Is this a free upgrade for owners of the Renaissance or will we be expected to pay?"

Seeing as the software has always been constantly updated and bugs ironed out to charge for 2.0 would seem unfair. It seems the cost for existing owners is yet to be sorted out or disclosed.
By Coz Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:01 pm
1. What limitations are there over project sample rate when working in standalone mode?
2. Build quality of the X. Will the tact switches crap out after 6 months? What's the rated hours of the touchscreen? Is there an internal fan?
3. Are there any enhancements to the sample engine? Additional LFOs, filters, mod matrix?

Cheers Saint Joe. :smoker: