Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By equi-knocks Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm
Was all set to cop the Live when it was rumored to be sub-$900. Now I'm looking to grab the X when it drops and hoping to fulfill those rare portable moments with a low-balled Touch or Studio. With the new units and the 2.0 which units do you think will live on and which will become bricks?
By pspsounds Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 pm
I think the 1000/2500 and 4000 units will hit eBay hard. Many people use those units because a computer is not required. And yeah a Studio Black will be a good portable option.
By equi-knocks Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm
pspsounds wrote:I think the 1000/2500 and 4000 units will hit eBay hard. Many people use those units because a computer is not required. And yeah a Studio Black will be a good portable option.

Thanks for the help. I agree. Ebay is about to make a killing on people looking to upgrade.
By jpeg Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:40 pm
seems like mpc live will defo supplant the mpc1000

and I agree the ren, 2500, 5k and finally the beloved 4k will be sold off.

cos alot of people clinged to the notion 4k as the last great mpc made; but I think the X beats em all

even though the touch is not obsolete i think a fair few of those will show up on ebay also
By Fanu Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm
Horseclick wrote:all the current usb controllers will end up as bricks.
all the old school classic units will only gain more in value

I'm sure Touch and Ren will be able to control the software for a good while.
The price of old units is always on the rise.
By mr_debauch Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:10 pm
i suspect the old models will stay consistent... no new mpc model has ever made any of the classics go down in value really.. the 4000 used to often go for as low as 500-600 in guitar center used section back when the ren came out and now i doubt they are as low as that.

since these new akai and NI products... look at what happened to the sp-1200... the selling price is no longer 2000... it's closer to 5000 now.
By Wormhelmet Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:13 am
I think maybe nothing will be obsolete in their lineup. Ren, Studio, and Touch will still appeal more to those that want integration with current DAW projects and their third party vst's and fx, while those using hardware only MPC's might want to grab it and still use their older MPC's as sound modules slaved to new standalone via midi sync.

I think the market is and has been changing with resurgence of analog gear now more affordable and more people after a decade using ITB only are starting to enjoy getting back into hardware. Hardware sales are up everywhere. People less afraid to come out wth new products even with quality of vst's being better. It has to be the perfect time to get in with a new standalone.

MPC X I/O is outstanding thinking on their part. Touchscreen too.
By tonemelle Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 am
Would it be wise to treat these boards like iphones when they drop new versions of the same thing? I'm thinking if it is wise to wait until they have bigger storage like a 1tb inside to store sounds and vsts.
By Fanu Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 am
Ex:John Doe wrote:2000, 2000xl, 3000, 60 are classics.

2500, 4000 will fall off.

Ren, Touch, Studio ok.

5000 will rise.

How on earth would 5000 rise and 4000 fall?
Afaik, 4000 is loved by many, 5000 not as much, and many were left feeling they dropped the development of the 5000 OS.
IMHO, 4000 is the most powerful and the best thought-out product of the whole past MPC line so far.
By richie Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 am
People see a couple videos of 2.0 and all is forgiven with Akais track record post Numark taking over?

What makes you so confident that Akai won't abandon these machines as they have with all their other units? All you need to do is look at every release post Numark and your questions will be answered (provided you're not a retard).

If anyone wants to sell me their 2500 and 4000's I'll give you $200 for them. I'll buy your 5000's for $100. I can do paypal and bitcoin. I'll even give you a $37 dollar Subway gift card.
By Living Bate Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:23 am
The way I see it, if 2.0 works well on the Renaissance then that could be me satisfied for a very long time.....

As long as I can always buy a new computer and install Windows 10 & MPC 2.0 on it then it will always be supported.

If 2.0 sucks on the Renaissance I will re-evaluate, but that's my current stance.....