Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By richie Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:57 pm
I'm just worried that my older MPCs will stop sampling drums because if you install 2.0 on your computer, it'll send a signal to all of your stand alone units to brick them.
By richie Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:04 am
I notice that a bunch of MV8000's are popping up on eBay since the X / Live are announced. I'm just worried that the MV8000's have spyware on them, so maybe I can buy one for cheap and pay someone to do a virus cleaning on them.
By Fanu Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:19 am
Yeah, now that new MPCs are about to come out, old devices are more obsolete than ever.
This applies to MPC 3000 and SP 1200 especially. Those are now considered junk metal, pure garbage that you should submit for recycling.
However, I'll gladly pay 100 bucks for those, so please don't throw them away – I'll give you a bit of beer money for them.
By richie Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:20 am
Fanu, $100 is a fair price for a SP1200 actually but I'd think the MPC 3000 could grab a little more at $125. Kudos to you for being fair during these times of shady people.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:15 pm
mr_debauch wrote:beer > old shitty e-mu and akai gear

Beer def is great, I still think emu turbo phatt is a great thing.
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:36 am
yeah that was the only sound module rack piece they made that i actually kind of wanted.... that should have been made into one of those desktop units with the pads.. what were they called? command systems or something?
By equi-knocks Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am
Help this 1000 old timer.
Is MPC 2.0 basically a DAW. Or is it just companion software for the MPC? I'm copping the X when it drops and wondering if I will also need to get a DAW to go with it.
By Triplegreenteam Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 am
I've owned a Mpc200xl three times now as well as a 1000. There is just something about a standalone that i just love. I be at other people's studios and see one in a corner forgotten about. The only thing I love about my studio is i throw it in a backpack with my laptop and a portable interface and i can rock anywhere but twisting a few knobs pressing a few buttons on a standalone and a keyboard and I can get down in minutes instead of clicking through gigs of sounds and dozens of modules just to get a beat going. But I am nervous, that the ren and studio will be in forced obselecense i bet before 3.0 if not soon after 2.0. they already going for much cheaper on ebay with the 2000/xl, and 1000.
By Triplegreenteam Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 am
equi-knocks wrote:Help this 1000 old timer.
Is MPC 2.0 basically a DAW. Or is it just companion software for the MPC? I'm copping the X when it drops and wondering if I will also need to get a DAW to go with it.

Its companion software to the new standalone Mpc's and control software for the
Ren, studio silver/black. This version will get Daw like features, like audio recording.
By Triplegreenteam Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am
mr_debauch wrote:yeah that was the only sound module rack piece they made that i actually kind of wanted.... that should have been made into one of those desktop units with the pads.. what were they called? command systems or something?

Yup, I had the xl-7, loved it more than the purple phatt version. I loved how i easily had more that one option to pick sounds by number or category and going between roms was seamless. But I hated the sequencer though, it wasnt bad but the note repeat latches and i like to be a lil dynamic with mine so i always had it slaved to my 2000xl.