Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By jpeg Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:59 am
Horseclick wrote:all the current usb controllers will end up as bricks.
all the old school classic units will only gain more in value

Do u consider the 4k old skool classic

Or u talking da real classics IE 2000xl SE and before?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 am
richie wrote:People see a couple videos of 2.0 and all is forgiven with Akais track record post Numark taking over?

What makes you so confident that Akai won't abandon these machines as they have with all their other units? All you need to do is look at every release post Numark and your questions will be answered (provided you're not a retard).

I agree, I think ATM people are (understandably) getting carried away with the hype (myself included), much like they did back in 2012 when the Ren & Studio appeared. Back then after the hype settled, reality painted a very different picture of those MPCs. That said, I do have higher hopes with these new standalones.

However, it's all meaningless if they are bug ridden, laggy and poorly manufactured with cheap, throwaway parts. :popcorn:
By Horseclick Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 am
jpeg wrote:
Horseclick wrote:all the current usb controllers will end up as bricks.
all the old school classic units will only gain more in value

Do u consider the 4k old skool classic

Or u talking da real classics IE 2000xl SE and before?

real classics aka old school akai and yes the 4k is part of that
3k, 4k, 60

the 4k while newer then the 60/3k is still old school akai and it hosts a heap of options adat, world clock, 8 outs, digital in, a heap of fx/filters etc and these options seems to be missing from the newest mpc's.

there may be a influx of mpc's being sold now but the above will slowly gain more value, i think its the time for any one looking for a 4k to buy in the coming weeks as when theres more up for sale generally the price gets lower and lower, plus the 4k's value on a basic unit is at an all time low.

60's are going for cheap also (everyone seems to get a 950 and call it a day midi's up to say a 3k or 4k), 3k's depends grey you can get for a good price le's aboput 1/3 more then the grey.

so i predict that there could be a dip in prices as people want to sell to get the latest mpc incarnation but after those short on £££$$$$ sells there trusted tools the prices will once again gain momentum and raise again.

the 2k 2kxl dont really go for much as there for sale every week theres simply too many of them for the price to gain momentum at all.
By Fanu Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 am
richie wrote:People see a couple videos of 2.0 and all is forgiven with Akais track record post Numark taking over?

Ha, moreover, I've seen "I'll be selling my Push 2" at least three times. Not kidding ya.
And people haven't even seen the software properly let alone used the machine! :lol:
By Coz Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm
No hardware MPC will become obsolete but the used prices may take a temporary dip. The sampler in the 4K is still light years ahead in terms of raw synthesis power, even though it came out 15 years ago. I think it's also the only MPC that can read S Series sample libraries which is a VAST resource of sounds.
By Goochallday Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm
I agree the prices will dip temporarily like they have in the past. The nicer of the old hardware units will only go up as time goes on. I own a Touch (and just about everything else) and I can't see going from my Focusrite and i7 Macbook Pro to a standalone. I have a 2nd SSD for my sound library and recording, and all of the software I use installed. There is no reason to switch from that. Its fast, sounds great, and has all the I/O I need. All I need now is 2.0. For the price of the X you could get a laptop, an interface and a Touch.
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:54 pm
Coz wrote:No hardware MPC will become obsolete but the used prices may take a temporary dip. The sampler in the 4K is still light years ahead in terms of raw synthesis power, even though it came out 15 years ago. I think it's also the only MPC that can read S Series sample libraries which is a VAST resource of sounds.

i think the 2000 and 2000xl can read s1000 and s2000 but the samples only... not the programs (im guessing)

the damn 2000 classic even reads DD floppy disks from the mpc 60 and loads everything,.. you just have to make a couple of adjustments to the program but it loads fine. (it takes long to load though)

and the damn MV-8000 can take mpc and s series floppy disks as well.. sounds only though for the mpc disks i have tried... maybe with s series the mv will allow you to load the keygroup stuff.
By DannyBmpc Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 pm
Goochallday wrote:I agree the prices will dip temporarily like they have in the past. The nicer of the old hardware units will only go up as time goes on. I own a Touch (and just about everything else) and I can't see going from my Focusrite and i7 Macbook Pro to a standalone. I have a 2nd SSD for my sound library and recording, and all of the software I use installed. There is no reason to switch from that. Its fast, sounds great, and has all the I/O I need. All I need now is 2.0. For the price of the X you could get a laptop, an interface and a Touch.

Exactly!

What do you get with an x that you don't get with a ren and a good computer? A 2,200 ipad that doesn't do vsts?
By kaydigi Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 pm
Fanu wrote:

Ha, moreover, I've seen "I'll be selling my Push 2" at least three times. Not kidding ya.
And people haven't even seen the software properly let alone used the machine! :lol:

Selling mine, can't fit in with what I do. I do have a Maschine Jam though and that ableton template is really good.
By THEJUDGEMENTDAY Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm
I've owned every MPC ever created by man so I can tell you the 60 / 3000 & 4000 will retain their value .The 2000 /1000 / 2500 & 500 will go for dirt cheap only because they do not have a classic MPC aura surrounding them .Currently I am the proud owner of a Roland MV8800 & it will remain a part of my arsenal until I retire.
My Push 2 will be hitting Ebay this week only because I barley used it & Abelton just was not for me. MPC Live will be my portable baby & eventually I will own the MPC X . AKAI ONCE AGAIN HAS BEEN CROWNED KING !
By richie Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:22 pm
Fanu wrote:Ha, moreover, I've seen "I'll be selling my Push 2" at least three times. Not kidding ya.

I'm willing to buy their Push 2 for half the price! But yeah, jumping ship from a DAW like Ableton to put faith into 2.0 is insanity. Good luck getting Akai to sort the PDC thing I've seen you posting about too man.
By richie Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 pm
THEJUDGEMENTDAY wrote:. AKAI ONCE AGAIN HAS BEEN CROWNED KING !

You sound crazy.
By Ill-Green Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 pm
Standalones can be obsolete but never unuseable. Just like controllers as long you have a dedicated computer to run it, but if you the type always buying the latest and greatest computers then last years controller will be paperweights.