Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By philosophlo Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 am
Made a beat using samples. Because the 70's music was produce with no metronome the samples speed varies. due to the variance, my sequences are slightly tempo'd differently.. Example - I have 7 sequences in the songmode.. When bounce the songmode to a sequence the sequence defaults to the tempo of the the 1st sequence in the songmode.. How can i export the beat / songmode / for tracking in Logic X (or any daw) and maintain the different tempos of the sequences that make up the song?
By Living Bate Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 am
By the time you get to song mode your sequences should really all be the same BPM. Adjustments to the varying tempos in the bar(s) you are working with is something you will have to do beforehand when chopping and sequencing etc…

It’s the hazards of working with less rigid samples unfortunately…..if they’ve got a lot of swing to them they can be a bit problematic….
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 am
I believe songmode forces a single BPM for your whole track. One way to create a varying BPM beat is to convert your beat to a single seqeunce and add tempo change events accordingly.

Or as Living Bate states, fix loops so they are all the same tempo, i.e. timestretching or chopping . More work initially and maybe not the vibe you are looking for though.
By everday is saturday Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am
I haven't logged into the site in years, but I had to for this issue right here. I still use my 2500, this was something I don't have an issue with on that unit. On the Touch, say you'll have a sequence at 89 bpms but you want to throw a transition in there at like 93 bpms heading into a sequence that's a whole different bpm. Once you export it, it keeps everything in the bpm of the original sequence or the master BPM.

The only work arounds to this i've found are creating your pieces separately and then fixing everything up when you're mixing in your DAW.

I love the Touch and Studio but c'mon Akai it's 2017, not 2005.