MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:47 am
Fanu wrote:People are posting the release dates of Live/X for this and that shop, and how their local shop says it'll be there in a few days etc – while Akai have not confirmed anything regarding shop dates. Just because your local shop says it'll be there in a week does not change the fact that Akai have not sent them out yet. Those stores are doing that to get orders in.
I'm sure we'll be a bit wiser after NAMM.

I wish some of my Fam here weren't so gullible though.
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:30 am
M.s wrote:Money is on hold on my credit card.. I won't get charged fully until it ships. But I can also cancel at anytime before it ships and they'll release the hold. :smoker: for now, this reminds me how dope reason 9 is. Hey also Pssl has 17 percent off any purchase over $400.

:nod: just got quoted and I can get the LIVE for $995!!! That what I'm talking about!

Thanks M.s!!! :worthy:
By jpeg Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am
Lampdog wrote:
Fanu wrote:People are posting the release dates of Live/X for this and that shop, and how their local shop says it'll be there in a few days etc – while Akai have not confirmed anything regarding shop dates. Just because your local shop says it'll be there in a week does not change the fact that Akai have not sent them out yet. Those stores are doing that to get orders in.
I'm sure we'll be a bit wiser after NAMM.

I wish some of my Fam here weren't so gullible though.

I dont even see it as gullibility its closer to silliness at best and stupidity at worst; some dude last week posted that he had pre-ordered and the delivery date was this!!!

Does he really think he is going to get his unit before NAMM; so people that assume the retail dates are real when they are so inconsistent and akai has made nothing but vague statements about when, most sensible people should realize that actual delivery date will be some in March or April.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 am
M.s wrote:Money is on hold on my credit card.. I won't get charged fully until it ships. But I can also cancel at anytime before it ships and they'll release the hold. :smoker:

This is the same company that originally promised you a shipping date of Jan 19th?

M.s wrote:the best place to get it quick is with PSSL. They have them ready for shipping next week.. I'll get mines 19th of January.
By back2future Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:32 pm
Just wait for the Official release date from Akai. Plain and simple. Tomorrow should bring a lot of answers.

Then even more speculation can begin because of those said answers. :popcorn:
By M.s Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:18 pm
All good bro.. all this marketing scheme bs and retail lies.. doesn't matter I can wait until March. What matters is that akai gets that software right. I see this as their last chance.. if they **** this up they lost me especially after a long ass wait.

This is the same company that originally promised you a shipping date of Jan 19th?

[/quote]

that just does not seem like a sensible date; I dont get who would honestly accept that a realistic delivery date.[/quote]
By Chillin Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Yeah man, guess Tyler fuct up.

http://www.pssl.com/Akai-MPC-X-Standalo ... -Sequencer

17% off ain't bad though...

Are they serious? :shock:

List Price: $2,999.00
Price:
$2,199.00 Request Price Match
You Save: $800.00 (27% Off)

You guys have it bad.

But at least you have this option:

As low as $197.91/mo.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/studio-workstati ... standalone
Last edited by Chillin on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chillin Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm
back2future wrote:Just wait for the Official release date from Akai. Plain and simple. Tomorrow should bring a lot of answers.

Then even more speculation can begin because of those said answers. :popcorn:

Dan Gill? :lol:

But I do expect some crazy sheeet coming up, like ad-hoc wifi or BLE connection to Akai keyboards with the same technology.
Last edited by Chillin on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Chillin Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:46 pm
M.s wrote:All good bro.. all this marketing scheme bs and retail lies.. doesn't matter I can wait until March. What matters is that akai gets that software right. I see this as their last chance.. if they **** this up they lost me especially after a long ass wait.

that just does not seem like a sensible date; I dont get who would honestly accept that a realistic delivery date.

"I see this as their last chance.. if they **** this up"

You aren't the only one who is thinking like this. There is quite a lot of people who feel this way.
By jpeg Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:06 pm
Chillin wrote:

You aren't the only one who is thinking like this. There is quite a lot of people who feel this way.

think peeps have varying defininitions of **** up; cos one mans show stopper is no issue to someone else.

also lotta peeps that say last chance being saying that for years; and still buy all akai's suff; it the same peeps that brought the touch early then complained when the price dropped, and yet still they have already put in a pre-order for one of the new units.

smh
By summer2k Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:43 pm
Wal Martian wrote:
summer2k wrote:...to preview loops (wav, mp3, REX, etc) in sync with the sequence tempo from the X or the Live's browser? This feature is a must...

What's so confusing about my question? Can we preview loops from the sample browser in sync with the sequence tempo or not?

For those of you who own the Ren, Studio, or Touch- how does sample browsing work now? :roll: :?:
By summer2k Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:44 pm
I just pre-ordered the MPC X from Guitar Center. Final price including taxes and second day express shipping came to 1815.13. I asked if they could price match PSSL's 17% off coupon and they did.

Also if I find it at a lower price within 45 days of receiving it, they will reimburse the difference. :mrgreen: :) :mrgreen: