MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am
i like the tempo fit preview.. but at times i hate it. I think if you push a button it toggles it on and off (NOT going to a menu to click or declick it with the mouse or some menu diving thing) ... you click the down arrow to plow through the list of loops or samples... and you push the toggle button and up arrow to go back to that sample at it's original tempo.. then toggle the tempo match back on again.
By Icepulse Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 pm
Isn't it about time to create a new forum category for these units? They're official, after all.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:03 pm
Icepulse wrote:Isn't it about time to create a new forum category for these units? They're official, after all.

Not sure if there is going to be a new category just for them yet. Might just go for renaming this forum as 'MPC Software', and perhaps create a sub forum for hardware specific questions. I don't see the point in over categorizing things when they all run the same software. Like NI only have a 'Maschine' forum, they don't categorise it into 'Mikro', 'Studio' etc.

I want to avoid splitting the same discussions over multiple sub forums - but at the same time I appreciate that some questions will be model specific, or at least either 'standalone' specific or 'touchscreen' specific. Basically there is no ideal solution.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:30 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
I want to avoid splitting the same discussions over multiple sub forums.....

Yep.
By summer2k Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm
I just canceled my pre order for the X from Guitar Center. It does not look like it'll be available for shipping until late March or April. Akai needs to get their 5h1t together.

I'll probably buy the X later in the year after checking out user reviews and making sure all features work as advertised.
By Wormhelmet Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:59 pm
Sweetwater is gonna get my order. Got some credit on my Sweetwater card for it, but I won't place an order until the early adopters finish beta testing 2.0 on the standalone (since it appears to be unfinished at the moment). I got enough stuff to keep me busy for another 6 months (or 20 years) or so.

If they finish 2.0 on the hardware right, these things should keep prices the same for awhile. If they release it with too many bugs still, they'll have to drop prices to keep it moving in sales.

Best of luck to those that pre-ordered. I think the pressure is on now for Akai. I see the potential for the top dawg sampler slot easy if they get it right.
By M.s Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am
Wormhelmet wrote:Sweetwater is gonna get my order. Got some credit on my Sweetwater card for it, but I won't place an order until the early adopters finish beta testing 2.0 on the standalone (since it appears to be unfinished at the moment). I got enough stuff to keep me busy for another 6 months (or 20 years) or so.

If they finish 2.0 on the hardware right, these things should keep prices the same for awhile. If they release it with too many bugs still, they'll have to drop prices to keep it moving in sales.

Best of luck to those that pre-ordered. I think the pressure is on now for Akai. I see the potential for the top dawg sampler slot easy if they get it right.

True story.
By Icepulse Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm
M.s wrote:Order date: Jan 12, 2017 at 6:28 AM

Shipping method: UPS 2 Day Air
Estimated shipping date: Jan 17, 2017
Estimated delivery date: Jan 19, 2017

That was from my confirmation email.. I better get it next week or I'll be pissed since I'll be overseas next month. The PSSL manager said he will have 6 of them on hand. PSSL never lied to me in past, I got the Ren and touch from them quick. Although it say estimated, it's a promise. I'all keep y'all updated.

So how is the new MPC? Have you put it through the paces yet?
:Sigh:
By diegoeskryptic Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:06 pm
Icepulse wrote:
M.s wrote:Order date: Jan 12, 2017 at 6:28 AM

Shipping method: UPS 2 Day Air
Estimated shipping date: Jan 17, 2017
Estimated delivery date: Jan 19, 2017

That was from my confirmation email.. I better get it next week or I'll be pissed since I'll be overseas next month. The PSSL manager said he will have 6 of them on hand. PSSL never lied to me in past, I got the Ren and touch from them quick. Although it say estimated, it's a promise. I'all keep y'all updated.

So how is the new MPC? Have you put it through the paces yet?
:Sigh:

:popcorn: :popcorn:
By jpeg Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 am
think its best to wait till late feb before pre-ordering so you can asses which stores get the stock first.

For the UK peeps which suppliers gets restricted stock items first? who from the list below would be the best bet for getting items the soonest?

bax
thoman
westeddj
digital village
juno
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 am
jpeg wrote:For the UK peeps which suppliers gets restricted stock items first? who from the list below would be the best bet for getting items the soonest?
bax
thoman
westeddj
digital village
juno

I'm sure they'll all get stock at approximately the same time. Thoman is not in the UK so it would be a PITA to deal with any problems IMO. Bax, not heard great things. Digital Village uniquely give a 3 year warranty, that's a big deal.

Always had good dealings with GAK.co.uk, returns process fantastic. Absolute Music decent as well, Juno support response times can be frustrating.