Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bannerman Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Does anyone know if the new MPC Studio Black Software can read the ST3 VST3 plug in? I've tried contacting Akai a couple of times weeks ago but no response. I have also tried every possible vst path available but it still will not read it. I love this new MPC software sequencing flow but I also love my Sampletank 3 instruments and would love for these two to work together. Any help would be great.
By bannerman Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm
It's good to know that someone is actually using ST3 with the software. How are you getting the software to recognize it? I emailed IK multimedia and they got back to me right away. They mentioned I should be using the MPC 64 bit software and follow the right VST path. I believe I am using the 64 bit version as my two desk top icons say 32 and 64 (I then double click the 64 to open it up) and I have followed just about every path I've known including creating a separate one for ST3 to no avail. Again any advice would help.
By jpeg Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:08 pm
bannerman wrote:Does anyone know if the new MPC Studio Black Software can read the ST3 VST3 plug in? .

also the mpc black software is the same software as the silver; the touch and the ren, so there is no new software.

there was no unusal process for the dll to be recognised; it was the same as every other vst
By greavous420 Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm
jpeg has it working so it appears to be something on your setup/system that is causing it.

I don't have it myself but one thing I'm not seeing here is when your issue is occurring. Is it when you are scanning for plugins, or has it scanned successfully but doesn't load the plugin?

Also do you have any other 3rd party VSTs which do work?
By bannerman Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 pm
greavous420 wrote:jpeg has it working so it appears to be something on your setup/system that is causing it.

I don't have it myself but one thing I'm not seeing here is when your issue is occurring. Is it when you are scanning for plugins, or has it scanned successfully but doesn't load the plugin?

Also do you have any other 3rd party VSTs which do work?

This occurs when I'm scanning in any folder I try. It did pick up one instrument from Air ignite (which I don't really use) but that's it.