MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 pm
richie wrote:Unless the board design has changed from the FCC pictures, the ram will not be upgradeable through conventional means you're all used to.

The ram is surface mount soldered,.

allowing streaming from disk would somewhat negate the need for the RAM being upgrade able; as the long samples that may take up RAM when loaded could be accessed directly from either a usb stick or any other drive.

hopefully they will address this in a future update; but I think there may be some additional feature surprises that they are working on hence the secrecy about 2.0.
By greavous420 Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:02 pm
Mono-Amine wrote:Good video's, thanks for asking some more indepth questions. Im a bit worried about the 2gb ram. If you run 8 audiotracks in 24 bit for lets say a liveset of an hour your maxing out that heavilly. I really hope they will make streaming from the ssd or ssd sata possible in the future to make them honour their promise it wont be a problem.
It still didnt stop me for pre-ordering a mpc live though, but i hope for more information on this issue from AKAI

Ps, is there a way to get in contact with the development team for direct questions?

I doubt they would ever give direct access to the devs, even beta probably has a middleman. No coding would ever get done or no emails would be answered.
By jpeg Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:54 pm
pspsounds wrote:Wish I remembered to ask this earlier. Anybody know what the ppq is for the X and Live?

you would assume given that they both run the same software; you would assume its 96ppq.

but maybe not apart from the 4k which other MPC's are 960, but I dont get the bit deal with this cos you can turn off quantise anyhow, and then shift notes freely, so with that being said what is the significance of the resolution?

cos u can still select and drag/shift notes on the touch screen or using the data wheel while the notes are selected or u can turn off quantise and play live.
By saintjoe Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:27 pm
Andy wasn't the only one that claimed that though. After speaking with him, it seems the detailed technical aspects aren't really his area. He's more of the feature/performance guy and not so much that "how this works under the hood, in the code" guy. I could be wrong, but if you check the videos most of the stuff he wasn't able to answer related to the fine details of technical operation and not so much the functionality or feature set.

Thanks for watching guys!

Part 4 added:

By kaydigi Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:21 pm
saintjoe wrote:Andy wasn't the only one that claimed that though. After speaking with him, it seems the detailed technical aspects aren't really his area. He's more of the feature/performance guy and not so much that "how this works under the hood, in the code" guy. I could be wrong, but if you check the videos most of the stuff he wasn't able to answer related to the fine details of technical operation and not so much the functionality or feature set.

Thanks for watching guys!

Part 4 added:

Thanks for asking my questions, is this the last part?
By Fanu Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm
**** wrote:Andy is a **** liar. This **** claimed that the Ren vintage modes were hardware-based...haha...turned out it was just a plugin...

If I were you, I'd give it a rest. Not worth it investing energy on things you don't like.

If there's a grudge, talk it thru, and if that's not doable, just shake it off and move on in life and project your energy elsewhere where it actually gains you something.

I get the impression you're the type of dude who keeps sending cranky messages to a girl two years after a breakup. Not worth it.

This is friendly advice.
By summer2k Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:55 am
Thanks for asking Andy my question on previewing samples in sync with the tempo. Although it won't be a feature in the initial 2.0 release, Andy mentioned that it's a feature that would be a nice to have. So hopefully it's on the devs to do list for a future version.