Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By huglife187 Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:12 pm
hy,

is it possible to load more than 1 program into 1 track? as an example, i want to chop 3 different drumbreaks and load the programs together into 1 track, to layer and play all 3 breaks in 1 track.
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:38 pm
Ok, I don't own MPC software but its still an MPC and you can have more than one program in a sequence. I am king of one track beats, all my beats are one trackers ha! All from 3 or 4 programs of samples. If I can do it on a MPC500, it should be flawless on the software no?
By jimijones555 Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 am
Hello,

I don't know if you have the MPC Ren, Touch or what, but with the new MPC X, and MPC Live you can do that except not the way you're probably thinking, first off you can't literally put 2 programs into 1 track, but the new MPC 2.0 software along with the MPC X and Live, it now contains 2 new track types, "Clips" and "Audio" tracks, so if you created your drum breaks using 3 separate tracks, then export those tracks as audio clips you could import your 3 drumbreak clips into the ne "Clips" track, if I'm not mistaken I read that each "Clip" track can have up to 16 separate individual clips, stereo or mono, so there you go, with the current MPC software v1.9.6 you still create 3 separate tracks of your 3 drumbreaks, export them as separate wave file clips, then assign them each to a different pad on the Ren or Touch, but that's a little clumsy compared to the new MPC 2.0 software coming out because it will have realtime pitch and time shifting in regards to wav files, you might want to wait a bit.

Jimi Jones
https://soundcloud.com/jimi-jones-4
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Why not make 1 program that contains those 3 drumbreaks and put them in 1 track?

i already had the idea to make one file out of the 3 files, and load that file into the mpc to chop it up and load that program in 1 track, if you meant that. but the problem is, when i start i don't know which breaks i want to use together. i chop one break, play with that and then i'm searching for some other breaks to layer ...
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:45 pm
Ill-Green wrote:You can have up to 24 programs, just overdub the breaks onto one track.

i'm not so much into overdubbing because i often want to change some settings very late in the process
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:51 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, I don't own MPC software but its still an MPC and you can have more than one program in a sequence. I am king of one track beats, all my beats are one trackers ha! All from 3 or 4 programs of samples. If I can do it on a MPC500, it should be flawless on the software no?

yes, you can have more than one program in a sequence, but you can't have more than one program in one track ... i don't mean song with track bro

i already done it the way you explain it, but think about 1 program with a drumbreak with like 32 chops and then another programm with another drumbreak with like 32 chops and then searching for the right sound in one program to layer another sound in the other program .... and the sequencing ... it's hell
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 pm
jimijones555 wrote:Hello,

I don't know if you have the MPC Ren, Touch or what, but with the new MPC X, and MPC Live you can do that except not the way you're probably thinking, first off you can't literally put 2 programs into 1 track, but the new MPC 2.0 software along with the MPC X and Live, it now contains 2 new track types, "Clips" and "Audio" tracks, so if you created your drum breaks using 3 separate tracks, then export those tracks as audio clips you could import your 3 drumbreak clips into the ne "Clips" track, if I'm not mistaken I read that each "Clip" track can have up to 16 separate individual clips, stereo or mono, so there you go, with the current MPC software v1.9.6 you still create 3 separate tracks of your 3 drumbreaks, export them as separate wave file clips, then assign them each to a different pad on the Ren or Touch, but that's a little clumsy compared to the new MPC 2.0 software coming out because it will have realtime pitch and time shifting in regards to wav files, you might want to wait a bit.

Jimi Jones
https://soundcloud.com/jimi-jones-4

right now i have the mpc studio, i don't think i will buy the new software, maybe the mpc live but not soon.

my english is not so good and i don't know if i'm understanding everything right. but how i understand it, i don't think that your advices would work for what i wanna do. i want to chop the hits of 3 different drumbreaks with the mpc chop function into 3 different programs and than load the 3 different programs into one track, like first drumbreak chops from a1 to b16, the chops from the second drumbreak from c1 to d16, and so on .... i found a workaround but that is very clumsy, i can chop one drumbreak into one program with non-destructive function and the other drumbreaks i can chop with destructive function, but then i have to put every chop manually into the drumbreak non-destructive program ....... i really don't understand the big problem, why can i not put 3 or more programs into one track ....
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:24 pm
Ok, I guess MPC software is whole different beast from the old standalones. If its one program per track, you could try using one program with multiple banks. Just keep filling up one program but bank A with the first drum break and bank B with the second drum break etc, then you could probably use Overdub to put it all on one track.
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:14 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Ok, I guess MPC software is whole different beast from the old standalones. If its one program per track, you could try using one program with multiple banks. Just keep filling up one program but bank A with the first drum break and bank B with the second drum break etc, then you could probably use Overdub to put it all on one track.

that's exactly what i wanna do, chop one drumbreak put the chops in bank a and b because there are more than 16 chops, then chop the next break put the chops in bank c and d and so on.
the problem is i want to use the mpc non-destructive chop function on every single drumbreak, but if i do that i have 3 different programs that i can not combine. i found a workaround but that's not cool. i could chop one break with non-destructive chop function to a program, and then chop the other breaks with destructive chop function but than i have to pull every single chop manually into the program from the first break ... only thinkin about that kill my motivation

yo brother the old standalones are the real deal .... how is it? can i load more than one program into one track?
i don't know how other people handle this, does nobody want to layer two big chopped drumbreaks together? also the software sequencer is a pain in the ass and i see no one complaining about ... don't get me wrong, i luv the mpc workflow, it takes my production 3 steps ahead but so little bitchy things take my motivation 4 steps back
By Ill-Green Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:49 pm
I do what you trying to do all the time using one huge program with multiple banks. However, I only copy and paste the samples instead of Chop function, and then rename all of them so when I edit in Trim mode, none of the other pads are affected. Thats how I organize everything to one track.

Only the last standalones can have more than one program, like the MPC1000, 2500, 500 and 5000. The 2000XL I think can have 4 programs at once.
By huglife187 Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:13 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I do what you trying to do all the time using one huge program with multiple banks. However, I only copy and paste the samples instead of Chop function, and then rename all of them so when I edit in Trim mode, none of the other pads are affected. Thats how I organize everything to one track.

Only the last standalones can have more than one program, like the MPC1000, 2500, 500 and 5000. The 2000XL I think can have 4 programs at once.

need a 2000xl, the prettiest piece of gear i ever saw .... even the renaming of samples in the software is horrible, don't know why but i can't change the name only erase some letters hahaa ....
By jimijones555 Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:56 am
Hello again,

Ok, I think I know what you may be talking about, if you're creating 3 separate programs, and you want to put them on 1 track, first load all 3 programs that you created in your project, then create 1 track for each program you created, now you have 3 tracks for each of the 3 programs you created, next mute all your tracks except the 3 tracks you created with the 3 programs, this way only those 3 tracks are playing, from here you can export those 3 tracks at the same time to create 1 wav file that contains the contents of all three tracks from all 3 programs, now with the new MPC 2.0 software it has two new track types 1 is called "clips", and the other is called "Audio", with the new clips track you can now import that wav file with all 3 tracks on it and put that onto 1 single "clips" track, now you have effectively put 3 different programs on 1 track, if this isn't what you're talking about then you will need to explain yourself a little better.

Jimi Jones