Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DZ12 Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm
easy all i used to have a mpc studio and i stopped working on beats for about 2 years so i sold it off , instantly regretted it and knew i would get back into it one day . long story short im thinking about buying the mpc studio black my question is i never un installed the software on my mac as i didnt wanna loose all the project files , if i buy a new one will it just plug and play once i update the software or will i need to uninstall and re install with the new controller attached? any help would be grateful ! safe
By DZ12 Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:37 pm
also is the software still temperamental ? i remember when i was last using in the global mixer had just been added but the software was still known to crash a lot ?
By kejlabal Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:49 pm
It's more stable I think. It depends if you use a lot of VSTs.
You'll just need to install the last version of software and the driver of your black studio.
But if I were you I'll take the silver one. The black one seems to have screen problème like the grey one before a firmware update.
By DZ12 Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm
to be honest it was the main job wheel being fatter that i liked the sound of and i do like the black for look but i remember i found the slim job wheel a bit irritating , i might just try grab a silver one for the min on ebay till the black gets sorted out , also im really out the loop anyone know when 2.0 is dropping?
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:45 am
DZ12 wrote: im really out the loop anyone know when 2.0 is dropping?

We all out the loop man. No official word but retailers guessing arrival. However, if units are shipping out of factories as Pete tweeted, then 2.0 must be near too because in order for the standalones to be in controller mode, they gonna need the software. Just hold on a week or two, after that, if nothing shows up, then you'll know its an April release.