Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By 83dude Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
It's even missing simple stuff like vertical zooming (something even basic legacy MPCs had).

I am not alone!
:worthy:
By M.s Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 pm
Never plan on using 2.0 as full fledge DAW.. it is wayyyyy new although seems promising with its version of warping. We just can't compare DAWs like Abelton, Reason, PT, etc to 2.0. The 2.0 software will just make my process faster but ill continue to use DAWs for mixing, mastering, editing. As for the Push 2.. it is dope as ****. But it's wayyy different from any MPC controller. I will keep my Push and use it sort of like my "hands on" tool for Live as I drop MPC tracks in it.
By Danoc Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:05 pm
LOL hahahaahaaaa lol He is going to wish to Gawd he waited, lol

It's March 3rd dudes are going bananas lol

jpeg wrote:
greavous420 wrote:So in the wait Akai have kinda screwed themselves in terms of getting my money. I was a dead cert to get 2.0 but I got a Maschine Jam in January and am now seriously considering jumping ship. The only thing I want/needs from 2.0 is audio tracks. I lasted this long with work arounds for audio tracks and NI are working on them for Maschine so not sure what to do but it's Akais fault I've gone elsewhere. I got a bit of thirst and then had some money burning a home in my pocket.

Tl:Dr.
Akai have missed out on my money by overhyping and not making a new usb only controller.

Akai clearly dont care about ur money; also when it drops u gonna be looking funny style with that maschine jam trash in ur hand
By Icepulse Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm
bilposey wrote:Cuz it bee out within the following week

Whoa whoa whoa.....

What do you know, and when did you know it?
By starmanwarz Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 pm
greavous420 wrote:
Danoc wrote:LOL hahahaahaaaa lol He is going to wish to Gawd he waited, lol

It's March 3rd dudes are going bananas lol

Just finished a good evening sesh with Maschine.

Hows your Live/X/2.0 treating you?

Just a question, what made you choose Maschine over Push 2?
By greavous420 Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 pm
starmanwarz wrote:
Just a question, what made you choose Maschine over Push 2?

Main things were the 8 Touch strips and would then have to fork out for Ableton Live as well.

I like the feel of using MPC/Maschine in the box to create and then taking stems it to a proper DAW to finish off. I was toying with the idea of running MPC and Maschine with one within the other but have been digging Maschine even without a 'proper' controller for it as the Jam is designed as an accompaniment really to one of the other controllers.
By dgrambo Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:40 am
Looks like you would have been waiting until June. :shock:

Pre-order Now!
The new Akai MPC X standalone sampler and sequencer will begin shipping in June 2017, but you can reserve a spot in line today - simply order online or contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer to place a pre-order, and we'll ship your MPC X to you from Sweetwater's earliest possible shipment.
Notify me when in stock
By jpeg Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:53 am
Ill-Green wrote:Its gonna be a hilarious thread when the MPCs drop a month from now :D

not really there is nothing funny its well overdue and assuming that they dont find more bugs it may be out in April; and whose to say that despite all this delay there may still be many show stopping bugs.

so id rather they drop the relase now and fix forward; cos users always find more bugs than official beta testers.
By Fanu Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 am
jpeg wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Its gonna be a hilarious thread when the MPCs drop a month from now :D

not really there is nothing funny its well overdue and assuming that they dont find more bugs it may be out in April; and whose to say that despite all this delay there may still be many show stopping bugs.

so id rather they drop the relase now and fix forward; cos users always find more bugs than official beta testers.

In a way I disagree: v1.0 was hell, just hell. We'd rather get and enjoy a finished product.

Then again, in a way I agree strongly:
If the beta team (and the whole Akai team) is as small as it somehow feels to us looking at the whole process from the outside, they'd benefit from help from more users.
Public betas are super common. The last one I can remember was u-He's Repro-1 synth. Just put it out there, activate a license that will run out in, say 1-2 months, and be honest about it and say it is a public beta and we need you guys to root out issues as well as to understand this is not the final product.
I guess Akai are a bit too proud about their own team and don't want any help…that's the vibe I get, as they don't even always allow people to comment on their doings.
By jpeg Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm
Fanu wrote:
In a way I disagree: v1.0 was hell, just hell. We'd rather get and enjoy a finished product.

Then again, in a way I agree strongly:
If the beta team (and the whole Akai team) is as small as it somehow feels to us looking at the whole process from the outside, they'd benefit from help from more users.
Public betas are super common. The last one I can remember was u-He's Repro-1 synth. Just put it out there, activate a license that will run out in, say 1-2 months, and be honest about it and say it is a public beta and we need you guys to root out issues as well as to understand this is not the final product.
I guess Akai are a bit too proud about their own team and don't want any help…that's the vibe I get, as they don't even always allow people to comment on their doings.

delaying the release does not guarantee the product will be bug free; no does it guarantee that the product will be better, just like the beat thang had numerous delays and missed its hype boat, and when it dropped people were no longer interested and the product was still on the crappy side.

they could delay 2.0 a year and still release a product that equals the the "hell" of 1.0, so the assumption that delaying the release will circumvent this is not a forgone conclusion.