Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By greavous420 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm
So in the wait Akai have kinda screwed themselves in terms of getting my money. I was a dead cert to get 2.0 but I got a Maschine Jam in January and am now seriously considering jumping ship. The only thing I want/needs from 2.0 is audio tracks. I lasted this long with work arounds for audio tracks and NI are working on them for Maschine so not sure what to do but it's Akais fault I've gone elsewhere. I got a bit of thirst and then had some money burning a home in my pocket.

Tl:Dr.
Akai have missed out on my money by overhyping and not making a new usb only controller.
By pspsounds Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:42 pm
I've waited years for a new standalone MPC. I can wait another 1-2 months. Akai said expected release Q1 Spring time. If they can at least get the Live out by end of March then a lot of folks will be happy.

And we wait...
By greavous420 Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 pm
pspsounds wrote:I've waited years for a new standalone MPC. I can wait another 1-2 months. Akai said expected release Q1 Spring time. If they can at least get the Live out by end of March then a lot of folks will be happy.

And we wait...

Lucky bugger. Standalone has no benefit to me. If they made a ren2(x without the standalone side) it would be different. Instead they put all their eggs in one basket and have priced me out of their market.

Since Namm 2016 they had a guaranteed 2.0 purchaser but have now lost me due to their inability to meet their own promises or maturely deal with the backlash they have received for it.
By pspsounds Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 pm
The market has been conditioned with controllers with low prices for the last 10 years. When a standalone comes along it's sticker shock. If you start peeling away the layers on what the Live/X can do then it's a fair price pending software and hardware stability. And how it sounds which is a big test in standalone units. I always felt making music on a computer should be an option and not a requirement with music equipment.
By Fanu Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:37 pm
Can't really blame you.

On one hand, you could say it's not that long ago that NAMM happened, but on the other hand, Akai will always be Akai and you don't know when things are going to drop.
They flash things and then get all quiet. If you want to ask them, you can only Ask pete on Twitter, and he's vague at best.

I'll be honest: I was waiting for a standalone for the longest time. When they were announced, I was thrilled.
But it was and is the lack of PDC alone that I just can't accept anymore. Not in a product that's been re-written. The lack of it screams serious lack of planning and understanding audio software these days.

Pete's reply to me asking about PDC was, "We’ve been looking at PDC; I have plans, but I’m not confirming anything until I know where it definitely drops timewise."
I asked if it's looking doable, and got no reply, which speaks volumes to me, and I feel that buying Live/X, making tracks on standalone, then willing to mix them down a bit in software while holding my breath for PDC does not feel like a clever move. God knows how long it'll take. I wish they were more open about stuff that is not working…I'd love it.
But at this point I know, they will never be like that. You can wait for something, and one day it'll come, or maybe it won't come at all. And I can't take it.

A lot of people's faith in Akai is a bit thin, and mine's been too. I've been quite hopeful so far, but lack of PDC…deal-breaker.

Just bought an Octatrack. And yeah, I know, not 1:1 comparable as it doesn't have a software version, but at least it's done by a company who are doing well, who understand what they're doing, AND I won't be subscribing to a package I know will have problems from the get-go.
I don't wanna be like, "Yeah, this is pretty dope, but damn there's some issues". It was like that with 1.0.
They've had enough time to sort it all out and bring the product to a level where it at least has the very standard features working, but we are not there yet and 2.0 confirmedly won't be there either.
And if that is the new coming of Akai…I don't think I can subscribe to that. They should listen to professional users more – and maybe hire more people or pay them more money.
By Icepulse Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:56 pm
For everyone who wants another controller, there's 2 people that've been screaming for a standalone.. and they'll pick one up when they drop.

:mrgreen:
By greavous420 Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:39 pm
Ill-Green wrote:This is the "boo hoo I want my MPC" thread :lol: "Imma spend somewhere else" :lol:

Kind of yeah. But more that I already have and as a result have found Maschine to have some cool stuff and isn't missing any features of MPC really. Akai's strategy failed for me as instead of a guarantee they have already driven me away.

I know.... 'cool story bro'.
By starmanwarz Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 pm
Meh, I think I'm gonna get a Maschine Studio and be done with it tbh. No one knows when the new MPC's will be released and most importantly the state they will be once they are out, software and hardware wise. They do look very interesting but I had nothing but bad experience so far with AKAI.
By bilposey Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 am
starmanwarz wrote:Meh, I think I'm gonna get a Maschine Studio and be done with it tbh. No one knows when the new MPC's will be released and most importantly the state they will be once they are out, software and hardware wise. They do look very interesting but I had nothing but bad experience so far with AKAI.

Yeah I waited so long for them to drop the new software
I have the Black version of the studio and the screen is unplayable and unacceptable :fku: so I will be figuring out how to sell my box on eBay
hopefully if it doesn't have any bugs in the software :worthy:
Never had a problem with maschine :popcorn:
By beyoung Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 pm
I'm anxiously awaiting the release. I tried to make the switch to Maschine but I just don't appreciate the work flow. I also hate that I need Native Instruments approval to resale my gear and that You have to wait 3-5 days for lisence transfer approval. Seems like unnecessary "extreme vetting" to me. I don't need someone's approval to resale hardware or synth.
By jpeg Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:50 pm
greavous420 wrote:So in the wait Akai have kinda screwed themselves in terms of getting my money. I was a dead cert to get 2.0 but I got a Maschine Jam in January and am now seriously considering jumping ship. The only thing I want/needs from 2.0 is audio tracks. I lasted this long with work arounds for audio tracks and NI are working on them for Maschine so not sure what to do but it's Akais fault I've gone elsewhere. I got a bit of thirst and then had some money burning a home in my pocket.

Tl:Dr.
Akai have missed out on my money by overhyping and not making a new usb only controller.

Akai clearly dont care about ur money; also when it drops u gonna be looking funny style with that maschine jam trash in ur hand
By jpeg Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:52 pm
bilposey wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:Meh, I think I'm gonna get a Maschine Studio and be done with it tbh. No one knows when the new MPC's will be released and most importantly the state they will be once they are out, software and hardware wise. They do look very interesting but I had nothing but bad experience so far with AKAI.

Yeah I waited so long for them to drop the new software
I have the Black version of the studio and the screen is unplayable and unacceptable :fku: so I will be figuring out how to sell my box on eBay
hopefully if it doesn't have any bugs in the software :worthy:
Never had a problem with maschine :popcorn:

whats wrong with the studio black screen apart from it being old fashioned?