Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By KIZONE Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Whatz good. It's been a long time since I have been on this forum. I've been thinking of getting the studio Black for about 2-3 weeks, I'm not really worried about the 2.0 update (i know it would take a second to get use to creating again on the mpc side , coming from maschine) but I am curious about the screen issues. It is really a deal breaker, being that you would be using most if not all of the functions on the computer anyway? Just wanted to know if there were some functions that could only be accessed through the hardware and not the software. thanks for any help you can lend as it will effect my decision on getting that joint.
peace
"KIZ"
By kaydigi Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:What are these screen issues people keep talking about without giving examples? I didn't realise there were 'screen issues'.

The screen tears in half horizontally and the bottom half becomes offset by a few inches.

The silver studio did this also until about the 1.7.xx releases.
By KIZONE Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:31 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:What are these screen issues people keep talking about without giving examples? I didn't realise there were 'screen issues'.

Here are a couple of pics about it.
By DocWest7 Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:56 pm
The only problem i've had with my MPC Studio Black is one day it suddenly just stopped responding,
I tried fecking everything!! But nothing worked. Even the Akai Support team to remote control via telephone to resolve the issue and they tried everything I tried but failed to find a fix. They ended the conversation with 'ring back tomorrow and one of our technicians will talk you through resolving this' ....wtf.

So I had to get Akai to just send me a new one. Which they did, promptly by the way,
*Thanks Akai surely i've been a loyal customer for longer than I can remember so about time you hooked me up with some free stuff, ..... perhaps a MPC X? Or an Alesis i04 audio interface as mine was stolen!

-
By KIZONE Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:54 pm
So then if the screen starts to go funky before a firm ware update, all the functions can still be used from computer and not the hardware correct?
By bilposey Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm
Does it matter on how it works with software if the Box doesn't work why use the MPC imma make a two-minute video on my workflow tonight when I get off of work to show the world that the screen is full of bugs :-D
By KIZONE Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm
bilposey wrote:Does it matter on how it works with software if the Box doesn't work why use the MPC imma make a two-minute video on my workflow tonight when I get off of work to show the world that the screen is full of bugs :-D

I agree, but if the screen is just a little buggy, I can live with that. I had an xl that screen been through hell, to the point that I couldn't read it any more, but you know muscle memory, I was able to still work on it. Ive been using maschine for the last 10+ years, as a matter of fact it was a toss up of getting the 2500 or something new. I decided to get with the times and move to computer base programming. but after looking at some things that the studio has compared to the maschine studio, it caught my interest . so I figured that I could give it a try, it's only like 400. Just a b-day present to me just to see what AKAI has brought to the table. Plus it's the cheapest price point to get in the game. Trust me, if there was a way to just try out the software, I would pay for that and just create a template to use maschine as a trigger.

So please let me know when you do your video as I look forward to seeing it.
By Danoc Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:24 pm
:Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh: :WTF: WTF man I am glad I didn't get the MPC Black. Almost bought into it. That is crazy, this happened to the MPC 2000. That is not a good look. Akai needs to get this fixed asap!

KIZONE wrote:

Here are a couple of pics about it.
By kaydigi Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 pm
Danoc wrote::Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh: :WTF: WTF man I am glad I didn't get the MPC Black. Almost bought into it. That is crazy, this happened to the MPC 2000. That is not a good look. Akai needs to get this fixed asap!

Are people actually contacting Akai Pro about this or just posting here? Everyone who has this unit needs to contact them asap.
By evillmusic Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:30 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Danoc wrote::Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh: :WTF: WTF man I am glad I didn't get the MPC Black. Almost bought into it. That is crazy, this happened to the MPC 2000. That is not a good look. Akai needs to get this fixed asap!

Are people actually contacting Akai Pro about this or just posting here? Everyone who has this unit needs to contact them asap.

Yeah people have been letting them know on the official forum! With picture proof too! They need to fix the controllers they have out before the launch these new units...And get the 2.0 out geez! Come on Akai!!!!
By KIZONE Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:01 pm
bilposey wrote:This is the video guy
Look at here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lOCzOMjHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lOCzOMjHY

Damn man, 2 months old and got these problems? WTF! Thanks for the vids.