MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dazastah Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:34 am
YEp I'm Hanging for the x ! I love seperating the process because i'm more productive that way... (making beats, then mixing) I may end up getting a live as well to do What Masada does recording sounds for sound design.. I previously used a zoom h5 to record stuff then i would sample into a mpc1000 ...
By Fanu Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:25 am
dazastah wrote:YEp I'm Hanging for the x ! I love seperating the process because i'm more productive that way... (making beats, then mixing)

This is key. Too easy to get stuck doing mixing while you should be doing all the music first.

I have a pair of Genelec 8350 for my audio work, but recently actually got a crappy Mixcube for the stage when I'm making music…this ensures I will not listen to the mix too closely as with that one, I can't (but if you can get a good mono mix with a Mixcube, you at least have levels right).
That way you'll concentrate on the musical content and also get it finished more quickly, and then, you can do mixing later on when it's time.
By dazastah Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:02 pm
YEah its why i love the standalone mpcs.. Not because they are standalone, i guess its because they ARE limited.. As you really only have filters to work with.. instead of eq. and the other engineering side of things. Your forced to listen to samples, then work the chop. Instead of spending hours engineering the kick drum to sit right in the mix... I get too carried away with daws in the engineering side . Im not disciplined enough to restrict myself with a daw/computer based setup with all the tools :-D
By Danoc Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:54 pm
And my thirst for the Live is even more. Madasa Trent did his thing with this. Ima kill it with that Live, The X is sexy but in reality and what I am going to do the Live is good for me. See with the Live and my DAWS the sky is the limit! Plus the time stretching is dope in this thing. Reason has a great one. I do love how Studio One 3 you can on the drop of a dime go from 102 bpm to 80 bpm. They have where you can set that up in the sequencer and its so freaking easy its ridiculous. So with all three of these I am just going to kill it.

With the addition of all this, I would love for top people who own sound companies like Eric Persing Spectrasonics, Eastwest, Refx etc to make sounds for the machines! Omnishpere 2 is off the chain I love that program and I have well over 40,000 sounds for that alone! Through some quality Grand Pianos up in that piece too. Euphonics who make some top quality strings for Reason should definitely do some for these Machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoHh3nRQyg

summer2k wrote:
Danoc wrote:Hold up you can record vocals into the LIve? WTF!!!!!! :WTF:

Rah Da N.O.C. <-------------drops the mic and walks away!!!!!

The thirst is strong with this one. :shock:
By Danoc Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:12 pm
Exactly! I really don't like doing my drums inside a DAW I love standalone. Plus the sequencer is like no other from Akai's standalone. Yep I have a Zoom H4n Pro and that thing is dope. I use that in the field to record, I won't take my Live out, the H4n resolution and bit rate is way better than the Live. But that H5 is off the chain and H6 is just ridiculous LOL I think they going to go all the way to 10 LOL . I can put all types of sounds in my songs to give a realistic sound and the stereo widening is wonderful.

I produce the tracks and mix them also. I'm use to doing it so it doesn't take me long to mix a track, plus I arrange also, so my juices to invent is always going strong. I don't like mixing vocals :WTF: and I don't know why, I do love mixing the track without the vocals. But I do my thing. Getting a project out I hand my mixes over to Tim Sonnefeld Grammy winning engineer. So I have my work cut out for me. :smoker:

But I am still freaking out over that the Live can record vocals, I can't wrap my head around that ish LOL Dammmmmmmm that's hot! Man, I usually just record through my DAW but I will do that in the Live.
One of my female singers said she is getting the Live, and when I told her she can record vocals in it she almost bust my dam ear out over the phone lol I told her to calm the hell down, (yeah I did the same thing and I got the nerve to tell her to calm down :Sigh: ) LOL I tried to play it cool, she said "aren't you exciting"? I said "ummmm its just a machine". LOL

dazastah wrote:YEp I'm Hanging for the x ! I love seperating the process because i'm more productive that way... (making beats, then mixing) I may end up getting a live as well to do What Masada does recording sounds for sound design.. I previously used a zoom h5 to record stuff then i would sample into a mpc1000 ...
By masada2502 Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 pm
Danoc wrote:@Masada
Being you have the Live l would like to ask you some questions.
1. Touch screen on the Live is it really responsive and better than the touch?
2. Are the functions in Luve really dope?
3. Feel of the buttons are they good?
4. Is the sequencer still dope like the legacy sequencers?
5. Feel of the pads are they nice and responsive?

Thanks in advance

masada2502 wrote:i want to join this club.where do i sign up? using the Mpc live a lot more than I thought I would.I really like the freedom I get to produce, sound design, sample or record wherever I desire. (5-6 HOURS ON THE BATTERY) its not hard to get around either .fits into most bags i own.while standalone isn't for everyone .I think those that do get it and aware of its limits will enjoy it .my 2 cents

1st, sorry I took so long for a reply....

1. Touch screen on the Live is it really responsive and better than the touch? yes
2. Are the functions in Luve really dope? To me ,YES..I love Audio tracks..as you all saw. I use it as a field recorder .the plus is, once I record. I can start shaping new kits where ever/when ever I feel the need. I love the freedom the battery brings.the AD Da convertors really do sound good .they don't color like the mpc 3000,60 etc etc but they are true to the source material you are recording .
3. Feel of the buttons are they good? feels the same as the Touch...
4. Is the sequencer still dope like the legacy sequencers? sequencer is "Mpc" tight imho...the milli seconds of latency you normally get from a audio card isn't there..I instantly noticed the difference .it makes a big difference for me .
5. Feel of the pads are they nice and responsive? Pads are the same as the Mpc Touch ...I think ..not much different .imo
By Danoc Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:08 am
Thank you for answering. I know you're busy.

I already seen you do the time stretch in it. Ridiculous! That vid of yours showed a lot. Im getting that Live. I need the squencer and no latency when makung drums.

There you have it folks from Masada himself.

masada2502 wrote:
1st, sorry I took so long for a reply....

1. Touch screen on the Live is it really responsive and better than the touch? yes
2. Are the functions in Luve really dope? To me ,YES..I love Audio tracks..as you all saw. I use it as a field recorder .the plus is, once I record. I can start shaping new kits where ever/when ever I feel the need. I love the freedom the battery brings.the AD Da convertors really do sound good .they don't color like the mpc 3000,60 etc etc but they are true to the source material you are recording .
4. Is the sequencer still dope like the legacy sequencers? sequencer is "Mpc" tight imho...the milli seconds of latency you normally get from a audio card isn't there..I instantly noticed the difference .it makes a big difference for me .
5. Feel of the pads are they nice and responsive? Pads are the same as the Mpc Touch ...I think ..not much different .imo
By Danoc Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm
Peace Masada, let me ask you a quick question. Does the Live use Air EFX in stand alone mode or just when the Live is connected to the computer? Please let me know. Thanks

masada2502 wrote: