Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By igotthemeatsweats Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 am
I've been recording my MPC studio through my Focusrite Scarlett into Logic Pro X for a while now but have just upgraded to this monster of a mixer. I went to go mix down some tracks that I had recorded on my previous interface and there was no problem, it worked amazing. Today I was trying to record a beat from the MPC into Logic and using the Mackie but during recording and playback the whole beat sounded terrible. It sounded like it was clipping (the bass made more of a clip/beep sound than its actual tone) but the meters didn't show clipping at all. I wish I could explain it better, I might try to post a video later. But is anyone familiar with this problem? It might not even be an Onyx 1640i exclusive issue and is probably a really simple fix with being dumb, but, why not ask?
By dazastah Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:37 am
it Sounds like it may be a sample buffer issue with the MAckie Onxy. You would have to go into preferences then audio setup and change the sample buffer to a higher number.. (maybe 512 or 1024 ) .. But you increase your latency.. There's nothing you can do about it axcept trade latency for smooth running audio.