Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By TheAwesomeGingerGuy Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:48 am
barely even started and trying to use the MPC plugin for ableton live 9.
Akai's tutorial says you have to drag and drop the 'MPC' plugin file onto a track in ableton, but I can't find the file anywhere!
what file is it usually installed to? I did the default set up.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 pm
Welcome to the forums. To get the best help possible remember to state your system details - in this instance knowing if you were Mac or Windows (and which version) would make it easier for people to guide you to the specific plugin location on your system.

The MPC is installed in your system's usual plugin folder, which should hopefully already be configured in Ableton, but you might need to rescan your plugins within Ableton
By TheAwesomeGingerGuy Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:45 pm
I just did so, but still the same results.
My PC is 32bit and although the file "MPC.dll" is in the correct location (Program Files (x86).........Steinberg/vstplugins), Ableton doesn't pick it up. I can see it on explorer though.
I know this is probably better off in an Ableton forum but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.