Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Etti Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Im Wondering how big time producer like zaytoven and 808 mafia have that cutoff effect in a song where the sound just cuts off then it come back almost like turntables almost like in Rich The Kid's song "TRAP" exactly a minute straight in to the song it starts that cut off effect, is it a VST or a Built in Effect every DAW has and if so how may i be able to use it or find
By IMAKEMADBEATS Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 am
Some people call this a tape stop effect... which is interesting... because that's how vinyl stops, not tapes. In pro tools, the audiosuite plugin is called Vari Fi.

To my knowledge, there is no way inside of the MPC software to perfectly create this effect. I used to generally have to wait until my beat was in pro tools to do this.
By Living Bate Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 am
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:Some people call this a tape stop effect... which is interesting... because that's how vinyl stops, not tapes

i think it refers to reel to reel tape rather than cassette.....

i've had limited experience with reel to reel but i think the sound is similar to the vinyl stop button....
By Wormhelmet Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 am
Did you try slowing down bpm manually until at zero? That's how Roland duplicated itin one of the mc series grooveboxes. As bpm slowed, the samples pitched down until full stop. Duplicated the vinyl stop.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 pm
Living Bate wrote:
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:Some people call this a tape stop effect... which is interesting... because that's how vinyl stops, not tapes

i think it refers to reel to reel tape rather than cassette.....

i've had limited experience with reel to reel but i think the sound is similar to the vinyl stop button....

I worked at Quad Studios in Manhattan for years, and we ran many a mix to analog tape, reel to reel...
Unless there was something wrong with the machine, I've never heard a tape stop like that.

Vinyl on the other hand, stops like that under normal circumstances.