Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By boswell Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm
I know, i know, google, read the manual, i've done both I've been researching my ass off, but I can't get anyone's methods to work.

1) multitimbral outs with midi and audio using the mpc software (studio) in FL Studio (also can't get my Halion to work either. I've gotten dribs and drabs to work, but not working. I'd like to set up multi output vst's including mpc (where I start everything) and save the file as a template to get workflow up and going (two kids, don't get much time.

2) If number one is a no go again, I'm into the rearoute and reaper, from what I've read it does exactly what I want it to do with the studio, but I've tried all the methods, googled my ass off, but I can't even find the rearoute ASIO and when I screw with ASIO settings, it makes my Behringer 404HD (highly recommended) get wonky.

Please help, if I come up with a full proof plan, I'll make a comprehensive post and put it up on a blog somewhere for future generations.

go in peace
Last edited by boswell on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By boswell Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:50 pm
I found this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8CdYXGO6B0

Easy to follow, created a template file, however whenever I load a new project, the output routing has to be set again. Easy enough to work around I guess, although annoying. Perhaps if I created a custom template in the mpc software loaded that into the wrapper, then saved the template.

Next question if anyone will bite, the 'hits' midi infomation shows up in the mpc plugin, but when I am placing the pattern in the FL playlist, I don't see any information there or the piano roll?
By boswell Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 pm
You must all be dying with anticipation, but I'm finding my way around both scenarios. I'm leaning towards Reaper although it would require learning a new application. I realize with DAWs being as advanced as they are there is no gold standard when it comes to bit rate and depth, but there is a 'sound' to reaper that is distinct from mpc software, or FL. I don't know if it is better or worse, I'm just getting my feet wet, but so far the ease of rearoute and mpc to lay down rhythm tracks is tits and the effects sound 'better' in reaper. Respect.